Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

wiring for heater and sub

wsdud

OK let me get this straight. You want the heater to only come on when the motor is running?? and you wan the sub to come on only when the motor is running?? Do you want the stereo to come on all the time?? I'm trying to understand so I can help you

OK let me get this straight. You want the heater to only come on when the motor is running?? and you wan the sub to come on only when the motor is running?? Do you want the stereo to come on all the time?? I'm trying to understand so I can help you

i only want the stereo to can on when the key is on also. i think that the spare switches on the dash are wired hot all the time so i want the sub to be on with the stereo but only when the key is on (engine running) and same with the heater blower motor

i only want the stereo to can on when the key is on also. i think that the spare switches on the dash are wired hot all the time so i want the sub to be on with the stereo but only when the key is on (engine running) and same with the heater blower motor

You will have to change the power source for the stereo from batt power, to ignition "on" power. Since the sub amp and others should be turned on by and an acc wire from the stereo when it turns on, you should not have to change them. That is unless your tower speakers are controlled by a separate switch.

With that said, there should be a heavy red wire that supplies other accessaries when the key is on. You will probably have to make a connection or terminal block to be able to create another good connection to run to the stereo switch. I can show you what I used to provide more and better connections for my boat accessaries, but on mine, they are batt and ground connections.

Good luck. Make sure you have a good understanding of what you have under the dash before you proceed.

Get a relay and hook the switch side of it to an ignition source and the line side to your (aux?)battery source and the load side to your dash mounted heater switch and to the amp remote power on terminal.

I'm not very good at explaining it, but something like that'll do it.

Bid D you are correct about this being the easyest way to do it. The only thing to think about it when you kill the boat after a run the stereo will cut off. That bugs the heck out of me. you will need 2 relays on for the radio and the other for the heater. On my 05 I wired it to were as long as the battery is on my radio is on.

here is the 30 amp one http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=330-070

here is the 40 amp one http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=330-077

here is a easy way to hook them up http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=330-075

here is a diagram for hooking up relays http://www.partsexpress.com/pdf/500-001.pdf

lster

LT

Edited by lake texoma
Bid D you are correct about this being the easyest way to do it. The only thing to think about it when you kill the boat after a run the stereo will cut off. That bugs the heck out of me. you will need 2 relays on for the radio and the other for the heater. On my 05 I wired it to were as long as the battery is on my radio is on.

I'd leave the head unit wired factory style so turning the key off won't turn the tunes off.

I thought he just wanted to kill the sub amp and heater.