Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Glass

WakeGirl

Thanks Blast.

I really like Norris, we had great water nearly all day long during the week. On Thu, we took the kids for about an hour board & ski run and only crossed 4 boat wakes (1 was ours when we turned around).

When you go, I would recommend against staying at or near the Deerfield, Shanghai, Spring area. These resorts are nice, but can be expensive and since they are nice, lots of people use them & it's a pretty long drive to smooth water. Finding a slalom course is difficult too. The one that was just out of the picture 'across the lake' only had 7 bouys on the surface & we didn't have enough along to repair it.

I really like the Twin Cove and Big Creek areas or the Flat Hollow areas. We have generally rented a house on the water through a property management or marina. You do have to be careful as ome of the stairs can be tough. You don't want to miss a set because the stairs take too much out of you. The first year it was over 200 steps from the dock to the lower level of the house.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• andyb

• WakeGirl

• VinRLX

• pennery

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

here's a shot of me on our course right after the wally's left last night - me into turn 6 @ 39 1/2 off:

Boken Glass Biggrin.gif

meski1.jpg

ok, just kidding, we all know that is an "odd" ball, was probably more like 28 off, ball 5, 31 mph....

Pennery those pics are awesome! The water looks phenomenal!

IT WAS! :)

The first one was at about 7:30 pm and the second one was the Saturday Morning about 9:00am

The lake was like that all day. The water temp was about 75 and the air got up to about 85 degrees. We camped on the beach and we were pretty much the only boats on that part of the lake the entire weekend.

Lake Waikare, Kai Iwi Lakes yesterday. Lake temp 62F. Sarah watched the Drew Ross video and ran 2 @ 14m - I guess I have to say 55km/h because some people shorten at lower speeds. Can't imagine why.

IMG_42482.jpg

All's well that ends well - sort of. I couldn't stand the thought that my Bu had been beaten up like that and so I put it all together properly and sold it. The guy who bought it is 2 years down the track and still loves it to bits.

Look at the photo - you can understand why...

DSC00351.jpg

It was a hard decision but 2003 335 Monsoon gave way to 2005 400 Hammy, open bow and 120 hours on it was a great decision.

IMG_1248.jpg

Now I only ding props and the boys have moved on in their skill levels considerably..

• 4 weeks later...

Dang, how do you guys get your pics to show up? I thought if I put a link to the picture that it would actually show the pic instead of the link and then you having to click the link. What's the secret?

One more attempt.

2912209230096252945KMwaXl_th.jpg

Edited by GONORTH

here's my desert oasis, weekends after about 9am shot nowadays, but anything midweek and after labor day is always like this...granted there isn't a dust storm Crazy.gif

here's the lagoon where my friend has a dock:

fishers-glass.jpg

and here's the little slice of heaven:

ferguson.jpg