Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Cover Whse (ebay)

trace

anyone? i need to order something soon.

does that 10 oz fabric sound like the factory stuff? how waterproof will it stay? i suppose Scotch Guard helps?

does that 10 oz fabric sound like the factory stuff? how waterproof will it stay? i suppose Scotch Guard helps?

Don't know about the ebay ones, but I just got a sharkskin one from iboats.

http://www.boat-cover.net/index.cgi/manufa...er_name.Malibu/ and it fits excellent, much better than the one I got from the dealer when I bought my boat. The price was also very reasonable.

Of course, my cover is for mooring only, I never trailer with it on.

--Robert

• 2 weeks later...

this came in yesterday, and holy crap is it nice! made by Road Runner Boat Covers. WAY better quality than my factory cover. it's a true trailerable cover, and has vinyl coated canvas layers all under the nose, windshield, and transom areas. this has to be the best cover under $500 i've ever seen. it will fit very tight once i get it modded to fit around my tower legs.

• 2 months later...

Don't know about the ebay ones, but I just got a sharkskin one from iboats.

http://www.boat-cover.net/index.cgi/manufa...er_name.Malibu/ and it fits excellent, much better than the one I got from the dealer when I bought my boat. The price was also very reasonable.

Of course, my cover is for mooring only, I never trailer with it on.

--Robert

How is this cover working out for you. I am looking for a new cover for my Response LX and this caught my eye. Are you having any issues with water pooling? I am also looking for a mooring cover.

Thanks

I like it. It might not be a great mooring cover because the tiedown straps go completely under the boat to each side. I have a pretty good setup to prevent pooling, so that isn't really a problem. Some kind of tent structure or at least a couple poles are mandatory if it's going to be rained directly on anyway. I will say it's a heavy material, noticeably heavier than Sunbrella.

• 1 year later...
this came in yesterday, and holy crap is it nice! made by Road Runner Boat Covers. WAY better quality than my factory cover. it's a true trailerable cover, and has vinyl coated canvas layers all under the nose, windshield, and transom areas. this has to be the best cover under $500 i've ever seen. it will fit very tight once i get it modded to fit around my tower legs.

I just returned mine - ordered for my 95 Sunsetter - It was about a foot to short.

To much plastic - did not see it breathing much - mold maker

Steve