Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu ballast tanks

kb3

I am curious if anyone can point me in the right direction as to where Malibu buys the hard tanks for the new boats, specifically the front bow ballast tank. Any help is much appreciated.

Ken

Ken,

You're not thinking of trying to add one under the floor in the bow, are you? Aren't they glassed in at the factory?

At least this reply is a bump for you guys.

Ken,

You're not thinking of trying to add one under the floor in the bow, are you? Aren't they glassed in at the factory?

Sort of. There's a fiberglass frame around the tanks, but they're set up so that they can be removed if needed. I know of at least one person locally that's had one installed by our dealer, but I don't know what's involved to do it.

Ken,

Pete,

It really depends on what model boat you are looking at. The VLX and the 23 LSV have them built in with a fiberglass frame. On the 247, the seat base or ballast tank surround, depending on the model is just screwed in. Different from all the rest of the boats. I have confirmed that it can be done with out much work....Malibu just wont sell the tanks.

Ken