Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2004 RXLI Ski locker Dimensions

Cat

My Boat is still in storage and I want to purchase a ballast bag for the walk thru ski locker.

Anyone know the dimensionsof the ski locker?

Thanks

Cat

My Boat is still in storage and I want to purchase a ballast bag for the walk thru ski locker.

Thanks

Cat

Waterski Magazine 2005 boat review indicates that the Response LXi has 10 cubic feet of storage. So if the beam is 93.5 inches (minus a couple on each side...) and the trunk is as deep as it is wide then... Dontknow.gif I don't know, is anyone good in algebra???

I'll try anyways... Tease.gif

10 cubic feet = 17280 cubic inches

lenght = 93.5 inches(beam) - 4.25 in. on each side = 85 inches aprox

assuming that the trunk is as deep as it is wide, depth = width

17280 = depth x lenght x width

17280/85 = d x 85 x w/85

square root of 203 = square root of d x w = 14.25 Lazy.gif

So I guess 14.25 deep x 14.25 wide x 85 long (14.25 x 14.25 x 85 = 1726 (close enought...)) Blowup.gif

Make sense??

Edited by 1FootDan

I think Cat is looking for the forward ski locker dimensions. I can't comment on those measurements but can say that the ProX ski locker sac fits in our 2000 SLXi...

Thanks

Cat

Waterski Magazine 2005 boat review indicates that the Response LXi has 10 cubic feet of storage. So if the beam is 93.5 inches (minus a couple on each side...) and the trunk is as deep as it is wide then... Dontknow.gif I don't know, is anyone good in algebra???

I'll try anyways... Tease.gif

10 cubic feet = 17280 cubic inches

lenght = 93.5 inches(beam) - 4.25 in. on each side = 85 inches aprox

assuming that the trunk is as deep as it is wide, depth = width

17280 = depth x lenght x width

17280/85 = d x 85 x w/85

square root of 203 = square root of d x w = 14.25 Lazy.gif

So I guess 14.25 deep x 14.25 wide x 85 long (14.25 x 14.25 x 85 = 1726 (close enought...)) Blowup.gif

Make sense??

14.25" wide??? I don't think so.

If I remember correctly 12" x 60" would fit fine. I was looking into it last year to improve the boarding wake but got talked out of it my most people here and on the other site, they claimed it wouldn't do much for the wake. My dock partner had one in his Supra Launch DD and pulled it out after a leak, he doesn't plan on putting one in back in. The kids on the lake claim it doesn't help much with the DD models, but what do I know I use a ski most of the time and don't want any wake.