Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

PSA: new Fosgate stereo with bluetooth now available

bamabonners

I just ordered the stuff for just under $400 through a combo of Amazon and eBay. I'll post back up when I get it installed. Could be a while though ;-) Thanks for the info guys. Love this forum!

What's the verdict did this work?

What's the verdict did this work?

Works great. Love having the BT through the phone. The only cable I had to swap was the multipin cable from the black box to the hu, but that took all of 5 minutes. The only downfall is the lack of control from Malivue, but I never used that before so it's not missed...

Works great. Love having the BT through the phone. The only cable I had to swap was the multipin cable from the black box to the hu, but that took all of 5 minutes. The only downfall is the lack of control from Malivue, but I never used that before so it's not missed...

Would it be possible to get a parts list of the install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I bought was the RFX5000 (black box and the HU) and the blutooth dongle. The cable came with the unit. Piece of cake. The hardest part was pulling the Malibu factory amp panel and getting it back in :-0 I just upgraded all the amps to JL HD's and built a new box for the sub and mounted to the back of the stock panel. The stock plastic box was worse than a joke. It wasn't even fully attached to the back of the carpeted piece!! I can't believe they charged for that! Stereo is pretty awesome now.

• 5 years later...
On 4/25/2013 at 2:39 PM, Cory said:

I swapped out the RFX3000 that came with my 2013 VLX for an RFX5000 last night. The two units are a direct and simple swap. I swapped the units since I had elevated static noise on the RCA outputs of my RFX3000. The RFX5000 solved the static noise issue, but now the MaliView controller input is causing my sub to hum. I've disconnected the input from MaliView and the hum is gone, but it would be nice to have the option to use the MaliView to control my stereo (I like the mute button on the MaliView). I suspect I have a ground loop issue that is affecting the sub RCA outputs on the HU. Not sure how to solve this since the maliview is on the other side of the boat and it is not so easy to reroute it's ground and power supply.

What are isolators and would they work for this problem?

I know it was a long time ago but how was that swap out for the 3000 tp rfx5000. I want to do the same but it looks crazy trying to get behind that amp board. Any tips?

• 2 years later...
On 4/9/2013 at 2:53 PM, 2011VTX said:

That's awesome.

I just ordered it and the dongle. I'll post any successes or issues that I have.

Been looking for a way to connect via blue tooth that keeps it as factory as possible. This is awesome.

This is from so long ago, but how did it go? We also have a 2011 vtx and have been dying to have bluetooth. 

2 minutes ago, Natasha said:

This is from so long ago, but how did it go? We also have a 2011 vtx and have been dying to have bluetooth. 

If you have the ability to run AUX in, then something like the JL Audio MBT-RX does just what you are looking for.