Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Illusion X swivel racks.

millertw

There are a few forums out there about swivel racks, but it seems no one knows who makes them for the illuision X? Wondering what to put on our 247, and it's crunch time. Any help would be much appreicated. thanks gang.

The new Metcraft (malibu) swivel racks for the illusionX are slick. I got one board and one ski rack.

Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif

do you have any pictures of the Metcraft racks on? I would like to see what they look like. I called skylon, and they said they are working on swivel racks, and to check back in 2 weeks or so. We could wait until then, since the boat doesn't go in the water until May 1.

Good morning all,

We will be releasing a Spinner for the Illusion X tower within about a month. As you may know, Titan introduced the spinning board rack to the tower accessory market in 2002, three years ahead of the competition. Our newest Spinner, the Spinner IX, with a push button release and automatic locking mechanism, raises the bar even higher. Pics will be available when we release the rack, or just watch for it at your local Malibu dealer. We at Titan are very excited about this project, and we're working diligently to get the Spinner IX out and on your tower!

Thanks everyone,

Jeff and Katie

Titan Wake Accessories LLC

Edited by kings rule

I didn't see the Titan spinners for the Illusion at the Pleasanton boat show, but I did see the Metcraft, Skylon and Nice Rack ones. The Nice Rack spinner for the Illusion X was by far the most functional, durable and best looking. IMHO.

Good morning all,

We will be releasing a Spinner for the Illusion X tower within about a month. As you may know, Titan introduced the spinning board rack to the tower accessory market in 2002, three years ahead of the competition. Our newest Spinner, the Spinner IX, with a push button release and automatic locking mechanism, raises the bar even higher. Pics will be available when we release the rack, or just watch for it at your local Malibu dealer. We at Titan are very excited about this project, and we're working diligently to get the Spinner IX out and on your tower!

Thanks everyone,

Jeff or Katie

Titan Wake Accessories LLC

Great Jeff!!! Is the website going to be updated at the sametime?

I didn't see the Titan spinners for the Illusion at the Pleasanton boat show, but I did see the Metcraft, Skylon and Nice Rack ones. The Nice Rack spinner for the Illusion X was by far the most functional, durable and best looking. IMHO.

Titan didn't come to the Pleasanton show.

I'll put my vote in for the Titan Spinners. I saw the design stuff and it'll be the racks to have, like all of their accessories.

Peter

Titan hasn't been at the Pleasanton boat show for the last 2 years and not sure about this year, but they weren't at the Sacramento boat show last year either.

Since UWS doesn't sell Titan and they don't update their website, sure makes it hard to buy a product that they choose not to market very well.

Jeff,

Will the titans be easily removable? In other words, I have a tight entry for my storage unit and it would be very useful if the racks could also be easily removed to provide the extra clearance.

Thanks!

Jonathan

In the past with their other products, you could use the Lift Off system with the Spinners to achieve what you're looking for JZ. I can't imagine that that's changed for our boats, but we'll see. FWIW, the Lift Offs are sweet & work really well.

In the past with their other products, you could use the Lift Off system with the Spinners to achieve what you're looking for JZ. I can't imagine that that's changed for our boats, but we'll see. FWIW, the Lift Offs are sweet & work really well.

I called Titan Friday to specifically ask: When the Spinners would be available and if they would be easily removable? I was told that they are finalizing the design and it would blow all competitors out of the water in looks and function. (That was from Titan, of course.) They will be available before the summer season, perhaps in a month or two. She said they will be priced better than the OEM option and to "be patient, it will be worth the wait." I asked if they would be easily removable, she indicated a tool would be necessary. I was told they will not have a quick lift off option.

I plan on using four racks on my tower. I'm due to receive the LSV next month and am trying to decide what to do. At present I have an order in for Titan lift offs (one wakeboard rack and one ski rack). I plan on adding another wakeboard rack and either another ski or wakesurfboard rack. I would sure like to know how best to add all this to the Illusion tower so they don't interfere with each other. I might just get two lift offs now and wait to see on the others.

How good are the clamps or straps for these new racks. I went out riding today and realized that my racks suck. The boards were banging against each other and the smaller of the two boards was sliding backwards.

I don't necessarily need the swivel, but I want great clamping racks.

• 3 weeks later...

Took the boat out for the first time today!

I purchased the Metcraft lift off swing racks for the Illusion. This things are NOT any good!!! After riding for a few minutes I thought they were going to break right off the tower. I ended up removing the boards from the racks and not using them for the rest of the day. Called my dealers and he is going to let me return them.

Now I'm looking for some good replacements. When are the Titans going to release theirs?

How good are the clamps or straps for these new racks. I went out riding today and realized that my racks suck. The boards were banging against each other and the smaller of the two boards was sliding backwards.

I don't necessarily need the swivel, but I want great clamping racks.

Which racks did you get?

Larry,

I have the newer revised nice racks now. The older ones did not have as good of a fork design. The new ones seem much, much better.

I haven't riden with them due to the nasty weather we are having.

Take care,

joe

Larry,

I have the newer revised nice racks now. The older ones did not have as good of a fork design. The new ones seem much, much better.

Take care,

joe

Once you have a chance to ride with them let me know how sturdy they are.

Thanks!

Edited by larrys

Larry,

Take care,

joe

Thanks!

Just got my Nice racks (swivel) on Friday and went to the lake on Saturday. There solid and work great no bouncing around. I totally would recommend. Now alls I need to do is get use to swiveling them into the boat instead of hanging over the boat to get the boards. :Doh: Bad habits are hard to break Crazy.gif

Larry,

Take care,

joe

Thanks!

Just got my Nice racks (swivel) on Friday and went to the lake on Saturday. There solid and work great no bouncing around. I totally would recommend. Now alls I need to do is get use to swiveling them into the boat instead of hanging over the boat to get the boards. :Doh: Bad habits are hard to break Crazy.gif

Got pics? What is their website?

Thanks!

Larry,

Take care,

joe

Thanks!

Got pics? What is their website?

Thanks!

Pics are here under different topic use link below

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4528

Update in Metcraft swivel racks.

I visited my dealer this afternoon and we called Metcraft to complain. Metcraft immediatly ask what our racks look like. My racks have a lever with a black ball on the end. And, they do not lock open. He then said we need to return those racks for replacements.

My dealer had a recent delivery from them that he had not opened. So we did and these were the new design. They look like they may be more stable. But, only a test will tell. The new design locks open and closed. No lever. Just a large push pin on both sides.

I'm still waiting for the new Titans before I decide what I end up with.

I have the new ones without the ball lever, and I am happy with them. They can be a pain to open and close but they are nice. You know you can trust when they are closed

Grant