Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Carpet Savers

Yahoo.gif I was searching the web and I found the company that Malibu uses for there carpet savers. I ordered a sample and they sent me the samples and an instruction sheet on how to make template and then send to them. This was a question in there FAQ's

Q: Do you sell direct retail?

A: R&R Textiles will sell directly to personal boat owners for non-current model year boats. We also refer to local dealers for those wanting hands on assistance. Contact us directly at 800.678.5920 for a referral or to place your order.

I think I am going to order the carpet and a saver for my boat since malibu no longer makes one for my year. I am trying to figure out how to scan the sheets to a PDF and then put them on here. So if anyone can help on this I would appreciate it.

Website is : www.rrtextiles.com

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffmx

• RaceBizz

• whiteVLX

• D-GOOSE

I got it to a pdf but it won't let me upload file with that extension Cry.gif

I think that's a setting in the forum software. I'll ask one of the admins to check on it for you.

EDIT: PDF uploads should be working now.

Regards,

Mike

Edited by CarveItUp

Maybe we should evaluate this for a possible Crew Buy?

Since Malibu isn't going to do a carpet saver for DD boats we might be able to get enough interest to make it worth their while...

Mike

Good work Race, but it looks like I am out of luck on ordering direct for my 05. One of my buddies took a piece of his regular home carpet and cut it to fit the main area in his LSV to help protect the carpet. Has anyone else tried this??

I did it as a temp fix while it is in the garage so I can get in & out with my shoes on while I'm working on it. Works fine but looks fugly.... And unravels a lot.

Yahoo.gif  I was searching the web and I found the company that Malibu uses for there carpet savers. I ordered a sample and they sent me the samples and an instruction sheet on how to make template and then send to them.  This was a question in there FAQ's

Q: Do you sell direct retail?

A: R&R Textiles will sell directly to personal boat owners for non-current model year boats. We also refer to local dealers for those wanting hands on assistance. Contact us directly at 800.678.5920 for a referral or to place your order.

I think I am going to order the carpet and a saver for my boat since malibu no longer makes one for my year. I am trying to figure out how to scan the sheets to a PDF and then put them on here. So if anyone can help on this I would appreciate it.

Website is : www.rrtextiles.com

Race,

When you got the samples, which type of carpet most closely matches the Malibu stock carpet?

There are several choices...

If it's the same company Malibu uses I highly recomend them. With our 4 kids and the other families we bring on, it's been a life saver.

There was a group buy last year, but I believe it was through a dealer. Wasn't Jusin running that one?

I doubt they would do a group buy, I get the impression on there site that they are willing to sell to the public only if Malibu does not offer that one anymore. They are probably doing to protect there dealers. I believe one of the pdf's I added has the pricing. And the carpet sample that matches mine which is grey is the Montego F4248 (smoked gray) It is 40oz plush carpet same as new ones. It does not show that color on price sheet uploaded but the do show it here.

http://rrtextiles.com/marine/montego_color.html

Yeah the group buy we did last year was through a malibu dealer that got the savers from Malibu directly. So most of us were out of luck. And it seems if you can make the template than you can get one for a DD. Again they do say if your saver is not available anymore they will sell to the public.

Excuse my ignorance, I am assuming that a carpet saver is a removable "rug". Is that correct?

Carpet for the home will eventually start leaving powder from the deteriorating backing from it getting wet. The glue that holds the carpet strands will also weaken and eventually allow the strands of carpet to fall out.

You are correct Doug. They are the same carpeting as in the boat but with a rubber backing. And White $8 a foot is not that bad at all for 40oz marine carpeting, and I have been looking for quite awhile and have not found anything heavier than 24oz. So the main thing to me is they have it, and I don't have to go order it through the dealer and pay there markup on top of the retail.

It would be great if a someone could do the .dxf cad file for the various DD boats so we know it's consistently right. I'm not so sure about crawling around with craft paper and scissors and hoping for the best. I'd be in for '03 Sunsetter LXI in smoked grey.

I doubt they would do a group buy, I get the impression on there site that they are willing to sell to the public only if Malibu does not offer that one anymore. They are probably doing to protect there dealers. I believe one of the pdf's I added has the pricing. And the carpet sample that matches mine which is grey is the Montego F4248 (smoked gray) It is 40oz plush carpet same as new ones. It does not show that color on price sheet uploaded but the do show it here.

http://rrtextiles.com/marine/montego_color.html

Thanks Race....

Ordered a sample. :)

And White $8 a foot is not that bad at all for 40oz marine carpeting, and I have been looking for quite awhile and have not found anything heavier than 24oz. So the main thing to me is they have it, and I don't have to go order it through the dealer and pay there markup on top of the retail.

I haven't looked at all, it just seemed high on first impressions. And if the market only carries 24 oz and this is 40 oz, that's a great find. :)