Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Carpet Savers

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffmx

• RaceBizz

• whiteVLX

• D-GOOSE

I am all over it.

With kids, you have to have a carpet saver...

Although the only stain I have had was bubblegum remnants installed by yours truely!  :)

Yeah, BUT you COULD have blamed it on the kids.....

I would also be interested in a group buy. I participated in the group buy on MBO last year but they shipped the wrong color. The supplier blew off my correspondence repeatedly after I complained. I finally gave up and sold the carpet saver to another MBOer for a $100 loss just to be done with the issue. At least it benefited one of our Malibu brethren.....

I would also be interested in a group buy.  I participated in the group buy on MBO last year but they shipped the wrong color.  The supplier blew off my correspondence repeatedly after I complained.  I finally gave up and sold the carpet saver to another MBOer for a $100 loss just to be done with the issue.  At least it benefited one of our Malibu brethren.....

Jeff,

That sucks he wouldn't communicate w/ you any further.

I just called and spoke with R&R. They make it for the VLX and the LSV only but can custom cut any size. He said in the past they only sold to dealers and are trying to work out pricing because of the recent e-mails. KC

Oh yeah the pricing is $8.00 SF for aquamat which is carpet saver and it is $21.00 SY for carpet glue down in the montego 40oz.

I just spoke to Jason...

The aquamat and the carpet saver are two different things.

The aqua matt is designed to go directly over the fiberglass, and has a heavy rubber backing.

The carpet saver, is like an automotive matt, in that it has the little nubs.

The Aquamat is $8.00 a sq ft, and he is supposed to get back to me with pricing for the carpet saver.

They do not have my boat in their inventory, so it looks like there will be construction paper in my future.

Airchair what was the cost of the carpet. My dealer told me that 230 was his cost for a carpet kit to fit my 03 vlx and would sell me one for 260. Is that a good price or is a group buy the best way to go?

I just previewed my 05 Response LXi at the dealer. Wow, that 40 oz carpet is really plush. I sure would like to have at least a mat for under the drivers feet since there is not a rubber floor like was on my RLX.

Airchair what was the cost of the carpet. My dealer told me that 230 was his cost for a carpet kit to fit my 03 vlx and would sell me one for 260. Is that a good price or is a group buy the best way to go?

I would say you should be happy with that price. Although it may be possible to get a bit cheaper with a group buy, I certainly wouldn't think you could save much more than the deal you are being offered. Your dealer clearly treats you well.

Jeff/AirChair1

I wish he did. I think he's p,o,ed at me. I just told them I bought a used bu from NV instead of a new one. I price was because it was a opps order or someone decided to change there mind. Thanks for the input. I also think there watching this site as they should.

HI Guys. Rockon.gif

I just got a call @ 13:10 PST 04/27/05 from Jason @ R&R textiles and he informed me that I or we could not purchase direct and that it had to be through a Malibu dealer. KC

I just got a call @ 13:10 PST 04/27/05 from Jason @ R&R textiles and he informed me that I or we could not purchase direct and that it had to be through a Malibu dealer. KC

Oh well. It was worth a shot. It would have been very nice to get a group buy going....

You mean I got all excited reading all of these posts to come to the end and find out I can't get in on this...almost as disappointing as the site being down briefly on Friday!

You mean I got all excited reading all of these posts to come to the end and find out I can't get in on this...almost as disappointing as the site being down briefly on Friday!

It 's not over yet.... I am going to get one, it's just a matter of time.

Does anyone have any idea how what model years Malibu currently stocks?

I'm pretty sure that they weren't available for my 2001. But does anyone know for sure.

Edited by whiteVLX