Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Monster Racks

DallasMalibuGirl

Has anyone used them and have any ideas about them. We are trying to figure out what racks to use and we have installed a Monster Tower. Any input on any racks would be appreciated! We are not looking to drop a huge amount, but do want quality racks.

Thanks!

DMG

I have the ski rack and the wakeboard rack. My Phase I Oogle surfboard fits into the wakeboard rack. I also just purchased the tower mirror, but have not installed it yet.

I absolutely love the racks. For the price they are a great deal.

Rob

I have the ski rack and the wakeboard rack. My Phase I Oogle surfboard fits into the wakeboard rack. I also just purchased the tower mirror, but have not installed it yet.

I absolutely love the racks. For the price they are a great deal.

Rob

Do you have any experience with their tower speakers? They are nicely priced too. Thanks!

I don't have any personal experience with the Monster products, but the word is that they make a good product for the money & their customer service is really excellent. If you're going to make a large purchase, I'd recommend calling them when you're ready & see if you can get a discount on a package like that.

Both of our racks are Monster products. Not as much bling as some out there, but excellent quality and a reasonable price. Also no additional charge for the quick release.

Only thing to note on the ski rack....bungee cords are designed assuming that two skis will be in the rack at all times. I modified mine with another set of dowel wood stops.

I have 4 of the monster racks and mirror arm. I love them. In my opinion the bling factor is not issue if have them full of boards. They are very functional and have the features that I was looking for.

On our last boat ('02 Sportster), we had the titan series I tower. I ordered a Monster wakeboard rack and liked it for the most part. I did have two issues with it (I'm sure a lot had to do with the tower...if you know what a titan I looks like, the back two poles leaned a bit forward and didn't go straight up and down). The first problem was that when I'd hit a wave good and had a board in the rack, it would slide around forward (had a hard time keeping it in one place....it never went down, just around). I had to keep tightening it and eventually put some mat-like thin piece of material under the tower clamp to keep it from sliding around. I even had the wind grab it once and spin it around as I was going 40 mph. The other issue is that it marked up one of my boards with the rubber (just turned it black) where I pulled it in and out but that board wasn't quite the slick fiberglass finish. Otherwise, it looked decent and when I worked those bugs out, it was great.

I have a monster tower and racks. Got the racks over winter, haven't used them yet. But I did notice the same thing timjame mentioned. They molded in some extra bumps in the rubber moulding and it does want to mark up the boards pretty bad. I'm sure they are there to keep the board from rattling. Has anyone just cut the bumps off?