Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Extreme Trailer issue

Faceplant409

Got my bolt from Extreme in the mail today. :)

Looks like a winner.

Did you just call them and who did you talk with?

What grade bolt was the old and new one? The one I have is short and a grade 8.

I'll have to look at the cables again. I wrap the cables around the tongue, and parts of the foldaway aren't painted, and rust comes off there onto the cables. I think it may just be residue. You're right though, if it's in the cables - underneath the sheeth, I'll have to replace.

Greg-

I just called Extreme directly. Call and ask for 'Parts'. I said I heard you guys were replacing the bolts under warranty. He said they only knew of a couple that had actually failed, but were replacing the ones that came into their shop. I asked if they'd send me one and he said sure. I got it within a week.

It's the same grade bolt as the one I already have. I assume it's Grade 8.

What you see in Andy's cables in rust trapped in-between the cable and the plastic sheething. I have the same problem with my cables. I think it would take years to weaken the cables though. I am sure the rust is just on the surface of the cables.

Andy, was the new bolt longer than your original? I e-mailed extreme but haven't received a response from them. I am sure that we are overwhelming extreme.

Joe

Andy, was the new bolt longer than your original?

Uhh,

Take a good look at the picture Andy gave us.

It looks like your bolt is the correct one Joe.

Andy, was the new bolt longer than your original?

Uhh,

Take a good look at the picture Andy gave us.

It looks like your bolt is the correct one Joe.

I got a reply from Tony at Extreme, and he said that if you have 3/4"-1" of threads exposed below the bolt, you have the "newer" bolt. The only people that should take a look are those who do not have any or only a couple exposed threads below the nut.

• 5 years later...

I have an 2005 LSV with an Extreme trailer, which I have had numerous problems with, and recently found the bolt on the Pivit Hitch sheared off just above the nut. I was luck enough to have spotted it before pulling it 50 miles the following week. This just happen in early June of 2011.