Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Reversible ballast install - 40 ft of tubing?

commodore

Do you really need to get 40 ft of 1" ballast tubing to install rear locker sacks in a VLX? This is what wakemakers recommends, but it sounds a little long to me... Thoughts?

Also, are there any hardware substitutes for this product? The stuff online looks nice, but I'd rather save the shipping costs for this and pick it up at lowe's home depot etc.

thanks.

Wakemakers shipping is free once you hit $99, and its far and away better than the hose from Home Depot or lowes.... Which costs about the same per foot and you pay sales tax.

40 feet sounds about right to me. +1 on getting the hose from them. The stuff I used from the local hardware store was less than ideal. Next time I do a ballast install I'm buying everything from wake makers.

Ordered all my stuff from WMs and they were spot on for me. Went the Lowes route on my old boat and it was actually more expensive. Running a Johnson reversible pump now for my surf set up and it fills/drains thru the hull next to the VD, but I did reuse my vent line from my old set up so I can monitor when the 1100lber is full. Its not needed, but adds a little piece of mind in case I get distracted.

The guys at Wakemakers are letting you know what you need. those guys are solid, they're not trying to make more off you and sell you more than what you need. They give it slack in the entire system obviously for room, but plan it out in your boat and you'll realize soon that you'll need that much!

I'm glad I had a little wiggle room as I messed up a vent line by making it too short, :Doh: and I had JUST enough when I was finished. Always make it too long!

Measure thrice cut once.

I'm setting up my lsv 23 with 2 Johnson reversibles and will order 44 feet . Wakemakers is the way to go when ordering supplies. They offer all the products plus tech support . I will end up with starboard side 1100 lbs sac port side 455lbs ( i want to keep my batteries and table in that locker) and factory ski locker mls , I guess it's 300lbs. I'll pull from 2 new 1inch mushroom intakes and use all 1inch hose. Has any one done similar for a decent surf wake? Bryan at WM says the 1100 will get me an actual 900lbs.

Edited by Nicsobu