Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Heated driver seat

Mark D

Considering installing Bake's heated seat elements in my '09 23 LSV. Does anyone have experience with this? Are they effective? How difficult to install?

I just test drove an LSV over in Boise on Saturday (about 38-40 Degrees out) that had a heat warmer, and it was noticeable. Nice feature to have especially on those cold mornings. Now I am going to be spoiled and want it in every boat I drive.....

We had a seat heater in both our last boats and rarely used them, I installed one in my first boat aftermarket. All that needs to be done is the skins need to be removed and the heater pads installed under the skins. I guess I am way to old to be riding when its 38-40 degrees outside, I can only imagine what the water temp would be. For what its worth, on my '13 I did not order another seat heater just because it was never used. I do live in Northern California, if I were riding in 38 degree weather it would definitely be worth having. A cold morning for us during season is 60 degrees.

I used these when I installed them in my Supra, they work good and were resonably priced.

http://www.heatedseatkits.com/heatedseatkits/heizgerat3/index.html

I have them on my Txi, but have yet to try them out. my thinking;

Nice for those cooler early morning barefoot runs and at my age, a little heat on the

back is nice to loosen things up. My motto, the warmer and comfier you are in the

boat, the more you can get out and enjoy the water.

:surprised:

How are the wires ran?

Ndawg12.

Not excactly sure, as the boat is going back to the dealer week after next for it's inital PDI, and

thats when the heaters will be installed. From my understanding the wire comes from under the

seat over to the side of the hull at floor leavel.

I should have said in my post " I will have them shortly " sorry for the confusion.