Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'12 LSV23 Surf Wake DIALED

dDubya

MLS left, center, front full
1100lbs sack in port locker, 750lbs sack on port side seat.
2 clicks of wedge, 9.6 mph, high alt prop.

PERFECTION. Large, clean, beautiful wave with tons of push.

Sorry, no pics yet.

Edited by dDubya

MLS left and center full, front 50%

1100lbs sack in port locker, 750lbs sack on port side seat.

2 clicks of wedge, 10mph, high alt prop.

PERFECTION. Large, clean, beautiful wave with tons of push.

Sorry, no pics yet.

Have you tried it with front tank full?

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a few pics with cell phone cam. Sorry they're not great. My buddy who's riding is about 5' 10" The wave has tons of push.

wave1.gif?w=AABFUSBX6BezgWBPGs0cTBR0VimW

wave2.gif?w=AAAxEKrtDWvHeASTeq-Rk8lHSCF-

wave3.gif?w=AABxXzPHvH79xdgjG95J7jdvaoCi

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry about the confusion. Right now, I run all MLS tanks full, 1100lbs sack in port locker, 370lbs sack under port side seat, and a 750lbs sack on top of the port side seat. Wedge all the way down, two guys in boat, couple hundred pounds of stereo and gear. Since I added the 370lbs sack under the seat, I fill the front mls which makes the wave a little longer.

I plumbed the 1100 and 370 into a single ballast puppy and mounted the switch below the breaker strip under the throttle. The guys from wakemakers helped me with the shopping list. All 1470lbs fills pretty quick and drains COMPLETELY through the bottom off the boat on the flick of a switch.

Thanks, dDubya...

My buddy's LSV has the LS3 motor, so I don't think he'll struggle to get going with extra weight, although I'm not sure about his prop.

Sounds like he'd get a similar result with a custom Enzo style sack. I'm pretty sure he wants all ballast hidden under the seats.

Thoughts on that...?

The wave is magnificent. Tons of push. I'm running a high alt prop, 1237 I think. Gets up quick.

Probably a 1235 prop. Pictures are awesome... good looking wave. Keep the pics coming as you try different scenarios. Thanks!

Thanks, dDubya...

My buddy's LSV has the LS3 motor, so I don't think he'll struggle to get going with extra weight, although I'm not sure about his prop.

Sounds like he'd get a similar result with a custom Enzo style sack. I'm pretty sure he wants all ballast hidden under the seats.

Thoughts on that...?

I have just about all the "hidden" areas stuffed with sacks with just the 1100 and 370. The 750 on the seat is great for when its just me and my normal two other riders. When I have more people, I can leave the 750 empty and stowed.

I have basically same ballast set up set up from wakemakers. They told me to use wedge at 2 clicks up. Have you tried it that way?

Sorry about the confusion. Right now, I run all MLS tanks full, 1100lbs sack in port locker, 370lbs sack under port side seat, and a 750lbs sack on top of the port side seat. Wedge all the way down, two guys in boat, couple hundred pounds of stereo and gear. Since I added the 370lbs sack under the seat, I fill the front mls which makes the wave a little longer.

Sorry, are you running the non surf side rear MLS full also? You say all MLS full on your post

I have basically same ballast set up set up from wakemakers. They told me to use wedge at 2 clicks up. Have you tried it that way?

I have. Kinda depends on whose riding. I prefer a little longer wave and use 1 or two clicks. One of regular riders likes a much taller wave, 3 clicks. I guess its just how the weight is distributed in the boat. If I wasn't so afraid of sub-ing the bow, I'd add more weight up there AND bring in more wedge. But, with MLS full and the additional ballast, bow rides a little low.

Sorry, are you running the non surf side rear MLS full also? You say all MLS full on your post

Yep. I surf port side. All MLS tanks full. With so much weight on one the port side, filling the starboard side sinks the boat a little more while still listing to the rubrail. Here's a pic of us getting ready to surf. Didn't bother to fill the 750 because of the number of people on the boat. Once everyone got seated, we were nearly rub-railed.

d0c67bd1c02299dfbbc5.jpg

clicklarge3.gif