Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

From Minibu to MAXIBU!.........

Bawshogg

Yes, it's a 12, I'm cheap. Just the base L96. I did all the demos, shopped all the brands, and just could not get away from the Malibu.

I also spent ALOT of time in the surfgate boats and it really wasn't for me. I'm fine with the old left over cheap stuff.

• Like 2

good deal... did you let all of the stereo go with the 23 or are you starting from scratch?

I never had a 23, but yes the new owner got the whole stereo system with the VTX. I was not interested in going through the hassle to pull it all out . Most of the gear was going on 3 years old. Time for new stuff.

Thanks LBJ! We have done some initial surveying and are looking into the logistics of the project.

I will say as of now it does not look promising. There are other potential possibilities though.

Told ya I wanted one at the WOW. ;).

Nice score on the G3 by the way. Thats gonna be a sweet upgrade!

I've shared some of my feelings about it in other posts using it both behind the wheel and behind the boat. Don't want get into all of the debates here, so ya......PM.

Kinda on a funny note, I didn't really have a scope of how giant this boat really was until I parked it in my driveway yesterday. I have always had 20-21 ft boats in my little side driveway area. Thank god this is not where I permanently keep the boat, just parking when it's at home. I parked it and my truck was sticking out into the cul-de-sac . I got out and had a moment when I looked at it next to the house, kind of a " what the hell did I just do and what am I gonna do with this giant boat?" moment.

I know what I am gonna do with it now...plastidip it. :)

• Like 3

I had the same thought with the 23 lsv. I didn't think it was that big until I parked it in front of the house. LoL! Thank goodness that isn't the permanent home anymore. My wife gave that look of "you dummy"....

Yes, it's a 12, I'm cheap. Just the base L96. I did all the demos, shopped all the brands, and just could not get away from the Malibu.

I also spent ALOT of time in the surfgate boats and it really wasn't for me. I'm fine with the old left over cheap stuff.

"I'm Cheap" Thats too funny!!!! :rofl: Congrats on the new boat!

Those were actually the stock 14" wheels that came with the Extreme Trailer. I pulled them off, dismounted the tires and took them to my powdecoat guy. Did them in a 35% gloss black right over the chrome with some light bead blasting first. They held up great for about the 4 years I had it done.

Those were actually the stock 14" wheels that came with the Extreme Trailer. I pulled them off, dismounted the tires and took them to my powdecoat guy. Did them in a 35% gloss black right over the chrome with some light bead blasting first. They held up great for about the 4 years I had it done.

Thanks for the reply. I'm tempted to follow your lead on that.

I think i saw you pulling out of the home depot/starbucks parking lot a week ago. I noticed the new boat since we just got ours and pulled it down to active to get some new options installed. Looked great on the road behind the truck, where do you typically go? We went to lacamas on sat and ran into gerry, water was 58-62!

You probably did. I live not to far from there. Thanks for the compliments. If we are staying local we usually go Downtown on the Willamette and run upto Oregon city before the falls. Later in the year we will spend more time on the Columbia. There is a nice beach/sandy area near the 205 bridge. Water level has to drop though. We will sometimes go to Yale lake or Merwin during the later summer months too as the water warms up. We have a large group of boating friends and we usually coordinate something. You should come out sometime. Quite a few other Bu's.

I'm not a big fan of Lacamas for the most part. Small lake, getscrowded very easy and the launch that I have been to at least, is not the greatest. Went there a few years ago with a friend and he was lucky enough to find a large stump while just cruising around. Messed up stuff pretty bad.

I know Gerry frequents Lacamas often, he lives close.

I live a mile north of there. Great looking boat. We typically go to Lacamas in the spring cause it warms up first but you are right in that it gets so crowded so quickly. From there we venture up to Ridgefield and head over to the multnomah channel. Love it back there. We also split our time on the columbia up past the 205 near big eddy (near the houses at chinook landing) or the camas slough by the paper mill. We like yale and merwin but they are def an august kind of lake since they are so cold. Anyways, wanted to say nice boat, hope to see you on the water this year!