Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bluetooth for my 2010 Malibu ride

Cmcdaniel

I'm new to the forum and tried to read up on other threads about Bluetooth. But I did not see anyone with a solution for what I would like. Currently I have a stereo located just to right of the drivers seat. The face folds down and allows you to plug in a iPhone and then you can operate the iPhone from the radio, however it is diffult to read the radio and it is a hassle to open the face up to change phones. I was hoping to find a Bluetooth device that could plug into the stereo and control from an iPhone. So far I have purchased a Bluetooth transmitter, that obviously didn't work. Then I bought a bluetooth receiver that works with docking stations. However that doesn't work because the radio is looking to control the phone not just get a stream of music. So any ideas? If not I have looked into moving the stereo to the glove box.

I looked at the airblue but I don't think it has an adapter to plug into the iPhone. It looks like its output is a headphone jack which I don't think works.

Is there any sound quality difference between blue tooth and coming directly off the Ipod connector at bottom of the phone (not the headphone jack)???

YES. If you are in your soundproof listening room at home with your super b.a. stereo, you can hear the difference. You can probably even hear a difference on the boat in your garage. On the water, not so much. I'd say it's something like this:

CD > dock connector > bluetooth > FM > sat radio

....dude, your iphone BROADCASTS in bluetooth. It does not need an adapter. Your stereo needs an adapter to RECEIVE the signal that your iphone BROADCASTS.

Right, I'm not doing a good job describing it. My iPhone transmits and the stereo needs to receive. The input into the stereo is a the male end of an iPhone cord. So in order to plug a Bluetooth into the stereo I need to have a device that is Bluetooth with a female iPhone plug. I have one that works with a iPhone docking station but it doesn't work with the boa stereo.

Right, I'm not doing a good job describing it. My iPhone transmits and the stereo needs to receive. The input into the stereo is a the male end of an iPhone cord. So in order to plug a Bluetooth into the stereo I need to have a device that is Bluetooth with a female iPhone plug. I have one that works with a iPhone docking station but it doesn't work with the boa stereo.

No, that's NOT where you need to get the bluetooth input. You need to go in via your AUX-IN, not your Ipod 30-pin or USB input. It'll go into either a headphone jack style 3.5mm input or an RCA R/L input. Not into your ipod cord.

what deck do you have, specifically (Brand and model)?

Edited by shawndoggy