Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

G25--awsomeness

A-hole

stopped at the local nautique dealer.Holy molly,that g25 is huge.this 1 had the 550 h/p,supercharger mill.they were retro-fitting the new surf contraption.Plus, it has a hydro-foil type thing that is new to the brand.The surf mechanism is a high quality product ,not fiberglass.This loaded unit could be had for about 140-150k.The g23 was 115k.they currently have no plans to dicontinue the current 230 & other models. I can see why,the older models are much smaller water craft---MUCH smaller!The g25 has 2500 lbs ballest ,also.the rep told me it is about 6500lbs empty.10,000 lbs full.That is 5 TONS,ouch.There will certainly be a limited market for this.Malibu had a 25 in the past .But, not now?The surf mechanisom can be retrofited to any team addition boat 2012 & up.That is nice.Wish Bu had a similar program with the surf gate.The one concerning thing to me on the g25 was batterie placement.It was under the floor,no covers on the top of batteries,like my malibu.The bateries under floor is disturbing.in the event of water gatting in the sub floor area,it would not take much to fill it up .it is very full with a bunch of stuff.A small rain once filled my hull area on my larson.Very little water fills it up fast.the bateries under water are not good-IMHU:)

Edited by A-hole

Now imagine driving a 5 ton boat. Needs a super engine for that. Youre right, there will be a limited market, and those who buy it will be pulling the kids around in tubes. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but overkill for a wakeboat. I still just hate the way they look, just my opinion. I'd rather buy a 24 MXZ than that thing

• Like 2

that's 6500lbs empty! after you add gas and all the misc Bull S*%t, what the heck are you going to tow it with? I have heard that thing drives like a Sherman Tank.

The g23-25 imo are not good looking boats. Would never spend that amount of money on those boats.

I wonder if the g23 can come with the monsoon 350? ;) I would totally buy it with the monsoon. :) I love the monsoon :whistle:

And don't ask what bull slut is, I don't know? But pretty sure I had one once.

:rofl: 150k? What dumbass is going to spend that kind of cash on a ski boat? I bought my 2000 wakesetter for about 1/12th the cost of that and I'd bet I can ride better than every single retard that shelled out the price of an average starter home for a boat. I understand some people like to burn money, but good lord this sh*t is getting ridiculous.

That being said I rode behind one last year and the wake was sick. But not 12x my wake. Not even 2x.

Calgary and Edmonton boat show they were the great sellers...sounded like 30+ sold.... 23 LSV were also good sellers... VLXs not so much.... surfing is certainly driving the market right now.

• Like 1

I agree with others on here. I, personally, do not like them. I think they are incredibly ugly. There are some nice thoughts in boat. I like the the storage of the observers compartment drops down into the hull giving you room to store WAY more in there. I like the full-size trashcan and little access door to the trashcan. I hate the tower. It's ugly. I also don't like how utilitarian it is. I would take a 23LSV or 24MXZ any day of the week and twice on Sunday.