Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Speaker Sox

Rmack

Just order my set of speaker sox/mirror sox/wakeboard rack sox.

Has anyone got these on their boat?

I called them around 3pm today to order and just got confirmation that they shipped at 5pm today. Should have all by tuesday/wednesday next week.
I call that fast service.

I order black speaker sox with red "malibu" stitching to match my AO cooler.

Can you tell I'm ready for spring?

post-2645-0-48448000-1365002875_thumb.jp

Edited by Rmack

Yes ,I have some fit nice ,but the black color fades to light brown in one summer ,I had heard that so I turned my inside out while on lift.to keep one side good looking. but with writing on one side won't look so nice .

I have two sets for my speakers. Yeah, they are brown now, but that's ok.

I had them on the old boat and got some for the new boat. They have held up well, even being out moored on the water all summer long.

Yes, have them on my boat and I keep it under cover. They look good are easy to pu on once you learn the tricks (the rack soxs). You'll love them. They do a great job keeping the bugs off.

I keep my boat inside a garage and they have turned brown. So it doesn't take a lot of direct sunlight to lighten them up. I still think that there is not anything else out there that protects as well. My speakers still look brand new, and that is the purpose of the sox. Also the customer service is unparalleled.

I had some before I had the Exile speakers that came with them. The did indeed turn brown after one season. I will say that I got service above and beyond from Jim. I lost one while towing back from Shasta one year. I called to order just 1 and he asked ," Why only one?'" I told him the story and he sent me out a brand new set , no charge.

You just don't get that level of service very often anymore, with anything!

I also just ordered a set for my REV 10s, I was told by Jim they have improved the material to stop the fading issues. I will probably give a good dose of 303 this time around, the fading was the only problem I had in the past. After one season of minimal sun they began to develop a purplish/brown tint. Hoping there new material is better.... As everyone mentioned, Jim has always been very pleasant and fair to deal with.

I have two sets for my speakers. Yeah, they are brown now, but that's ok.

I had them on the old boat and got some for the new boat. They have held up well, even being out moored on the water all summer long.

For $5 goto Autozone and purchase some "black" vinyl/material spray paint, you can respray them and get them back to new condition. I did this on my board rack covers and it worked great.

• 2 weeks later...

Jim was easy to deal with and fair. A great company and a great guy. I would recommend them. I got refered from Fman and I am very happy with my purchase.

My sox are 2 yrs old. No fading. The boat is outside half the year and I never take the sox off. Can't hear a difference if I take them off so I just leave them on.

Put mine on over the weekend and they look really good.

You know it's pic or it never happened. Really I just want to see how good it looks.

:plus1: Jim has been great to deal with and supports the crew with discounts to supporting members.

Do you know about the discounts?

I didn't know about the discount but I still feel like I got a great deal considering the shipping etc to Canada. I'll be recommending him and his company to all my boating friends.

Another vote for Jim & SS. I had blue ones with yellow embroidery. They definitely faded over the 4 yrs I had them...... of which they were out in the sun like 6 months of the year.. But they protected the speakers so well that when I sold them over the winter, the speakers looked like brand new.

I put a pair of the Exiles on the tower now. The neoprene covers are nice. But I've already had an issue with the zipper separating. It did go back together without too much trouble. The thicker material really muffles the sounds a lot with the covers on..... so they are basically just for using when the speakers are packed up or on the road.

I had some Sunbrella covers made for my trailer guide pads & the PTM mirror. I bet covers made of Sunbrella would do way better. But it's not stretchy like spandex or neoprene so it might be a tough fit.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

I had some Sunbrella covers made for my trailer guide pads & the PTM mirror. I bet covers made of Sunbrella would do way better. But it's not stretchy like spandex or neoprene so it might be a tough fit.

I can tell you that the speaker sox for the PTM Mirror was not hard to fit at all. I have heard that sunbrella can scratch the mirror and that's why it's not done.

I can tell you that the speaker sox for the PTM Mirror was not hard to fit at all. I have heard that sunbrella can scratch the mirror and that's why it's not done.

Yea, I kind of doubt it's much different than Sunbrella on the glass & we do that all the time with certain precautions. We didn't have any issues fitting the PTM & Titan bracket on mine, but then again, it's not a super snug fit either. I'll let you know how my Sunbrella cover does on the PTM in a couple years.

20130217_103101_zps95e72271.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered some the other day shipping was very fast like 3 days and I live in MS. Ordered 4 socks for my racks. Crew discount was sweet. Got them in the top didn't fit called him he said the wake/surf I have on top were a little longer. My fault but he said no problem send them back and I will send you the right one no charge. Real nice guy and great service. FYI if you have surf racks let them know when you order.