Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Recommend a cross country boat transport company?

New2Texas

Crew Team,

Can anyone recommend a reputable transport company to haul a boat from Michigan to Texas? Please save the "my 17 year old brother's out of work and would be willing to do it for gas + $500". I am looking for a professional who has a solid track record.

Thanks in advance.

Also - this should be a new resource page????

I was close to using Osborn Transport a few years ago. real professional and responsive, though decided to buy local so I didn't end up using them but would in the future. USship.com is another many use. Sign up and post your info and companies will bid on it.

Some other threads on this.

I'd recommend Ronnie Belcher.

http://belchertrucking.tripod.com/

I had my Response hauled from Florida to Wisconsin last summer, and I was very pleased with their service. I'm pretty sure they deliver new boats from Malibu, Mastercraft, and others to dealers across the country. My boat was towed, behind a flatbed with a new boat on it going to a local dealer, so I assume you specify how you want it transported.

If you choose to use Uship.com to find a carrier, be sure to list very specific details on what you need/want.

For instance:

- Accurate length, width & height of the boat & trailer.

- Do you want it loaded on a trailer? Or is it OK to tow the boat & trailer on it's own wheels?

- Do you want it loaded inside a trailer? Or is a flat bed trailer OK?

- Do you have specific delivery time frame in mind? And if so, list a penalty if it's not delivered in time.

I had a hopped up golf cart transported from AZ to WA a couple years ago. It was done on a flat bed for around $800. The guy was great about calling me & letting me know how things were going. In the end he was a day later than expected but I didn't have a specific time I needed it anyway. It arrived in good condition & he met all my requests without a problem. The Uship process was great & I had 3 or 4 carriers to chose from, all of which had feedback from previous hauls & gave details on how they would haul it.

I did learn something about it though. The guy loaded the cart backwards, which meant that any rain & road grime hit the dash head on. The next time I will tell them I want it loaded frontwards so the rain & road grime hits the front. We lost the stereo & I believe this is why.

I would not recommend uship. If you do, make sure the independent driver that subcontracts to ship has insurance. I've talked to many people that had poor experiences with uship. DAS (dependable auto shippers) is a countrywide professional service.

DUDE! Simple

Go to USHIP.com and let everyone bid on your job! You can query recommendations, insured and bonded drivers as well as ratings. Cant lose and you get a HUGE range of options.

We use T.N. Transport out of Hastings, MI to haul our horse trailers up to the dealership from the factory in Oklahoma. Shipped a few vehicles for us too. VERY good at what they do. I'm not sure if they haul boats, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. Bob Taylor is the owner's name. If you call them, tell them Cody at Sparta Chevrolet sent ya!

http://www.tntransportllc.com/

Edited by CVand2010VLX

If you choose to use Uship.com to find a carrier, be sure to list very specific details on what you need/want.

For instance:

- Accurate length, width & height of the boat & trailer.

- Do you want it loaded on a trailer? Or is it OK to tow the boat & trailer on it's own wheels?

- Do you want it loaded inside a trailer? Or is a flat bed trailer OK?

- Do you have specific delivery time frame in mind? And if so, list a penalty if it's not delivered in time.

I had a hopped up golf cart transported from AZ to WA a couple years ago. It was done on a flat bed for around $800. The guy was great about calling me & letting me know how things were going. In the end he was a day later than expected but I didn't have a specific time I needed it anyway. It arrived in good condition & he met all my requests without a problem. The Uship process was great & I had 3 or 4 carriers to chose from, all of which had feedback from previous hauls & gave details on how they would haul it.

I did learn something about it though. The guy loaded the cart backwards, which meant that any rain & road grime hit the dash head on. The next time I will tell them I want it loaded frontwards so the rain & road grime hits the front. We lost the stereo & I believe this is why.

Why didn't you fly there and just drive it back? :lol:

We also used uShip and had a great experience. The boat traveled from Lake Havasu to Northwestern Indiana and everything went smoothly.

• 2 months later...

I used Kyle from Osborne logistics. He got my boat from Illinois down to savannah without any problems and very professional too.

The buyer of my boat is using uship.com . My dealer is wrapping it for around $200 and shipper is picking it up on Saturday evening. He seems to have good things to say about uship.