Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu New zealand wont help...

phataz5

Here it is ,I send a email to the only malibu dealer in new zealand asking if i could please buy a part off them, ie fuel sender and get a big fat No they will not sell any parts to me as i have a malibu which has come from USA and not from them or auss, whats up with that ? if i could afford to buy one off them i would but i have a family and a job which pays the bills and puts food on the table and we saved like hell to get the malibu we have now which we got here for half the price it would have cost to buy one here, its a old 98 response. The nautique dealer here is real good and doesnt act like this and is always keen to help he even sold our first malibu boat for us, which makes me think may be we should get a nautique has he said he would even help us get one from the USA ........Wouldnt think Malibu would act like this as my malibu stands old and im always giving my mal the love it should get.....

Sad truly sad, that is why a lot of dealers go out of business and why others will thrive in the same location. Customer service matters, and matters a lot. Unfortunatly dealers are independetly owned and operated sending Malibu (corporate) an e-mail or letter describing the situation may help but I don't know how much. It is disapointing to hear and frustrating to be in the position you are in. Shipping rates to New Zealand will make the part unafordable to purchase and have shiped from the US, not to mention the time it will take. If the Nautique dealer can get you thepart you need I would send the Malibu dealer a picture of you handing your money to the Nautique dealer with the caption that he could have beenon therecieving end. Dont for get to remind him that boat owners tend to upgrade.

I dont understand that mentality... if you buy parts off of them they make money. Why do they care where you boat if from? Money is money and, as long as you have money to spend, they should be glad to take it.

That does stink! I had the local ford dealer do that to me as well. Check eBay or other online parts dealers like Bakes. They may be able to get what you need. Good luck

Only costs about $50 to send a 40x4x4 4lb box USPS priority mail or express mail to Australia. Haven't sold any in New Zealand, but would guess postage isn't dramatically different. Know that's still a lot, but it is probably a small portion of what you saved buying your boat here.

Sorry to hear about your problems. Hard to believe that they were not willing to help get you the parts needed. Being around the trucking industry my whole life and hearing multiple times that there is very little money made by the dealership with the sales of the tractors/trucks. However, the majority of the money is made with parts sales and service after the fact. So for them to turn away good money they must be doing fine selling boats.

Robert

Sorry to hear about your problems. Hard to believe that they were not willing to help get you the parts needed. Being around the trucking industry my whole life and hearing multiple times that there is very little money made by the dealership with the sales of the tractors/trucks. However, the majority of the money is made with parts sales and service after the fact. So for them to turn away good money they must be doing fine selling boats.

Robert

I have been watching these threads for a lot of years and it always amazes me that boat dealerships consistently say the opposite. They make money from selling boats and that service is a wash. I have tried for many years to think they are full of it, but after hearing it consistently, I think I have to believe it. How that you cannot make money by increasing the price of parts, charging $125 per hour is beyond me....but that is what they keep saying. And the result is that people who buy boats elsewhere often get the shaft, like this poor guy.

I have been watching these threads for a lot of years and it always amazes me that boat dealerships consistently say the opposite. They make money from selling boats and that service is a wash. I have tried for many years to think they are full of it, but after hearing it consistently, I think I have to believe it. How that you cannot make money by increasing the price of parts, charging $125 per hour is beyond me....but that is what they keep saying. And the result is that people who buy boats elsewhere often get the shaft, like this poor guy.

If a service department cannot make money at 125 per hour shop rate something is wrong.

i still think thats rat s*** as ,And there is only one dealer in the whole of new zealand which makes things a little bit hard when you want to buy malibu parts, like i said before i cant afford to buy a used response off them as a boat like i have now which is a 98 response would be around $34k-36k and we landed our malibu here way cheaper.Like said here i would have thought malibu new zealand would be making good money on parts like most shops do and when your the only dealer here that makes things even better for them right?. I have always loved the look of a malibu boat and one day hope to own a wakesetter but at the mo i love my response.

The policy set by Malibu Australia and NZ about imported boats is actually hurting their brand name. I feel they will pay for this restrictive process in the long term. Not sure if it is even legal to do what they are doing.

http://www.malibuboats.com.au/

I have had luck with purchasing some parts from the automotive section of Amazon. The shipping rates from Amazon is what makes it worth while it is often cheaper than shipping parts domestically in Australia.

Not sure of the exact part you require but use this as a example.

http://www.amazon.com/JEGS-Performance-Products-Pressure-Safety/dp/B007VRDSN6/ref=sr_1_83?ie=UTF8&qid=1363988192&sr=8-83&keywords=fuel+pressure+switch

Yet another example of refused service.

Allegations of refused service should be a priority compulsory reporting requirement to the CEO with an initial 5Ws via email by the service rep or customer service.... And a reccomeded way ahead. CEO or his appointed designee arbitrates and makes right immediately. You can delegate authority but never responsibility Jack.

Wake up Malibu.

Not that it matters but Malibu does not pay even close to 125 hour shop rate on warranty work, more like 70-90 would be my guess, so it makes sense that it is not a huge profit center!! Most manufactures pay a flat rate including cars and that's it, if the dealer asked for more the claim would be denied!! It's in every dealer agreement.

Get the dimensions of your sender and the ohm range from empty to full. Malibu do not make fuel tank senders they would be purchasing them from another supplier.

These units are even better than the original type variable resistor with arm and float.

http://www.wemausa.com/

Edited by Lewy

We own an rv dealership. We can not refuse service for any brand we carry, but we do charge a lot more for parts/service if u didn't buy the rv from us. Manufacturers usually pay about 50% of your listed shop rate. If the rv was in warranty and purchased from a nearby dealer but the customer brought it in to us for service the some of the manufacturers would allow us to charge extra hours.

You do make money on out of warranty service, but not a bunch on warranty service

I remember a thread a while back about an upgraded fuel sender.

This is not a warranty claim.. The boat is 15 years old... There should be no question about service and parts.. I understand the need to protect the dealers interest in selling boats but a simple part for a 15 year old boat? Rediculous...

Check out the prices in NZ

thats the place that wont sell me the part,This is not a warranty claim at

thats the place that wont sell me the part,This is not a warranty claim at

Hey mate im in the same ituation here in aus! try Paul from bakes! I have just ordered a bunch of stuff from him! Every question I had, was answered honoustly, promptly and if he didn't know.. He went and found out! I will be back to buy more from Paul and the bakes team!

malibu is not the only company doing this it is all the major brands.. nautique, tige, supra ect.... i also beleive that most of the dealerships in the US wont send parts if you have imported you boat to AUS/NZ

Nautique isnt doing this and they are willing to help me with what ever , also epic boats nz are willing to help to.....

the way i see it is , if i didnt get my boat from the us we wouldnt have a malibu at all may be a bayliner if we are lucky, if you look at the prices here in nz then you would see what im talking about and did malibu nz have any old response for sale ? NO they didnt, even parts in nz is huge as last time i rang malibu nz for a set of spark plug leads they are $210 then went on to bakesmarine and they were $25us and $20 to ship ,also cap and rotor in nz cap$115 and rotor$55 at bakes they were $21 for both .....thats why