Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1990 Euro Skier, carb rebuild kit, won't run

Hey,

Anyone bought a rebuild kit for a 1990 Skier, has the 5.7 liter 350 in it. The carb is actually a Rochester Quadrajet, markings on it are 1347-9415 and 17085013.

Can't seem to find many if any rebuild kits online, and don't know what's good quality. Skidim and bakes don't seem to have any quadrajet parts on their website. Any help is appreciated, fighting some running issues and the carb hasn't had any service so I figured I would start there.

Took the boat out a month or so ago after it sat all winter. It started alright, stalled a few times but got it going and it ran great for 15 minutes. Slowed down to go under a bridge and she cut out on me. I could get it restarted revving it in neutral, but any time the revs dropped below 1800 RPM it would stall out. Had to get towed home.

Idle jets clogged maybe?

There were I couple of speciality shops on line that I had found with good selections of parts. I converted to an electric choke on my old skier and kept a spare so I could take my time rebuilding . The Q jet float adjustment is very critical and affects everything. Google Q Jet and you will a lot of good info out there.

I had the same exact symptoms with my webber carb on a magnum 350, first time out. I had the throttle half way up to start it then had to quickly go to nuetrol then jam it back into back to drive in order to get the boat home. Long story short it was one of the float valves stuck closed. Half the carb wasn't getting fuel, I could have tapped the carb and it would have fixed it. I pulled the top off and sprayed the float valves with carb cleaner. Runs fine.

Just to update if anyone sees this and is wondering, ordered a rebuild kit through west marine for 20 some dollars. Looked pretty clean on the inside of the carb, but the little hanger that connects the float valve to the float was not attached and just riding around in the bowl. Not sure if this would cause any problems, I guess the bowl could be empty and float valve stuck closed.

Pulled my tank and drained all the fuel cleaned it and ran all new fuel lines too, along with new fuel filters and fuel water separator.

Started up great after getting the fuel system primed and seemed to idle fine in my driveway. We will see if I can get in on the lake next weekend for the real test.