Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Buzzer won't go off!

I recently brought my 2005 Malibu wakesetter LSV home to get it ready for the year. I've changed the oil/filter, ATF, and V-drive Fluids. I've also ran the boat, which is running great, oil Pressure and temperature are within parameters, but the buzzer under the dash will not shut off. I know this buzzer comes on for 3 reasons and I have good water flow coming into the pickup. I would like to check all three sensors that make this buzzer come on, but am unsure of their location?

If anyone has dealt with this, please let me know or if you know of the location of the sensors, I would really appreciate it?

Locate the oil pressure switch which is the small sending unit just above the oil filter. It's about the size of a pecan and shaped like an acorn. There will be a brown wire attached to it either with a push on connector or possibly a small ring terminal.

I would suggest running the boat and waiting for the buzzer to start, then disconnect the wire at the sending unit. The buzzer should go away within a few seconds. You will still show oil pressure but the buzzer should stop. If this works you need to replace the switch.

Be VERY careful to hold the base still while removing the switch. It is mounted to a brass manifold that also holds the pressure sending unit as well. It's very easy to break this brass tube off at the engine block. it can be repaired if it happens but is a PITA.

• Like 2

I wish I could get an angle of my oil filter and pressure switch nice enough to take a picture like that. Much tighter in my boat. I assume that's the gauge oil pressure sender on the left side (my motor doesn't have it located there or use that unit at all).

If you have a fuel injected engine, the ECM is what makes the buzzer sound. But the oil pressure switch, tranny temperature switch, and the engine coolant temperature sensor send their info to the ECM, and it decides if to sound the buzzer.

STOP THAT BUZZER HAL! (ECM)

"I'm sorry Nate, I'm afraid I can't do that."

Edited by electricjohn

damn, ThE Non stop Buzzing Issue HappenD To Me Today On The Lake! i Checked All The Fluid Levels And Got so Sick and Tired Of It That I disconnected The Buzzer

Thanks guys,

I appreciate the feedback and picture. I did some work to the boat again today and I actually don't have a brass bell shaped oil pressure sending (sensor) unit near my oil filter. The only sensor I have in that vicinity is the oil pressure sending unit, which I disconnected just to make sure...it feeds information to the oil pressure gage. The buzzer produced by disconnecting this sensor is a pulsating one, not the really annoying one that I can't seem to get rid of? Both oil pressure, temperature, V-drive fluid, transmission fluid, and impeller have all been replaced, any other advice would be greatly appreciated? I know it's something easy...I think...and I really don't want to take the boat to the shop just to have them tell me it was a sensor or something I could have done myself.

BTW, the sensor to the oil press gage has 3 wires going to it and a plastic connector. I do however have a blue wire with an elbow cap not connected to anything ( a loose wire) that was zip tide in this vicinity that may have connected to something by the previous owner? I've owned the boat for over 2 years, could the brass bell-shaped sensor come off?

• 3 years later...

i have an 03 VLX and the buzzer is ALways going off. I disconnected the wire to the oil switch in the above pic (smaller unit, facing camera) and noise stays there. anyone else know what else to check? maybe what else runs the buzzer on this boat?