Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What do you want in a new boat?

Ronnie

We haven't had one of these threads in a while. What would you like to see on the new boats in the next few years? What would you like to see changed or done away with? Electronics? Hull changes? Audio? Towers? What have you got?

I'll start;

I want all the screens on the dash to be the same size, same exterior look. I'd like the displays to all have the same theme. Currently they all look different and look like three different suppliers pulled them off their shelves and asked, "will these work"? The price of these boats are getting close to expensive sports/luxury cars. They should reflect that in the way the dash looks. I'd like to see the lower ones angled up a bit as well to see easier.

I don't want them to take away the option of carpeted seat bases with full carpet floors.

The price of these boats are getting close to expensive sports/luxury cars.

They pretty much already are!! All I want is Malibu to make a cheap, decent looking DD boat that could be more fuel efficient at speed, has Perfect Pass stock, and a soft and small wake for skiing and footing. (Bring back the Sportster with Fuel Injection with a rear seat that's not on the floor)

Other newer luxuries that I want for all their boats are snap out carpeting standard, and one bigger touch screen to control everything!

• Like 2

I would love to see all the seat bases that are removable to be hinged. I hate the way the seats open and close on the port side of my boat on the piano hinge. It is difficult to flip that seat up towards you and reach over it to the ground. Why not have a hing that flips the seat out and up towards the gunnel? Other manufacturers are doing this already. I would also love to see the rear seat turn around and face backwards like the new G series boats and the X star does. And it would be fantastic to have the seat height adjustable. I also agree with Ronnie and the mismatch of screens.

One other thing that drives me crazy is the tiny hinges on the rear compartment doors. It is pretty common to see these get ripped out of the boats.

• Like 1

I like not having the seats hinged. Easier to clean and take out of the boat when the whole thing is dryin out. I also disagree with the snap out carpeting ( I may be alone on this one) I know the fiberglass floor is easier to clean, but I'm a fan of carpeting, without it gives it a cheap feel like my sisters bayliner.

I am for a better styled dash, a solution to bow ballast while maintaining storage, more stereo choices from the factory so you can have it done when it arrives. Larger hoses and pumps for ballast. Maybe a way to make the G3 go up and down on its own? ( I was only being sarcastic on the tower :) ) and do away with metal flake. It'll be gone soon anyway, lets start now!

Edited by wakebrdr94

I think for the most part Malibu is doing a great job. (Overall)

First off lower the price the new boat prices are just getting stupid. Set a profit you have to make and make that profit don't just keep going up because everybody else is doing it.

Seat that you can raise and lower.

Standard pullout cooler and trash can.

Have 3 motors and make them better. 1st motor X hp ski boat, 2nd motor X hp Wakeboard boat and surfboat can do heavy weight but will have a little hard time at very heavy weight, 3rd motor X hp do it all no troubles made mainly for the bigger boats and the people that just want to say because I can.

Also agree with setting a new standard on pluming on the ballast systems make Malibu The fastest by far this is a big thing and many people will change boats over this.

May edit latter but this is it for now.

Edited by Bradley Thornton

We just ordered a new 24 MXZ, something that we didnt want was the table and a hole cut out on the carpet. I was told no can do. Carpet must have the hole cut out. A little frustrated with that.

- Dump the 5.7L Monsoon and make the L96 the base motor.

- Adjustable height seat...and make it highly adjustable

- All seats on a hinge, and make a quick release for that hinge to take the seats out

- Factory tinted windows

- Factory Exile or Wetsounds options

- Lower price

- Snap out carpet on all models

- More seating options

- Upper bow flake option

- Good integrated cooler option on all models.

- Better sub enclosure

- Better interior and transom LED options.

• Like 2

a tiny diesel which charges batteries. the batteries run an electric motor (like a city bus).....bet that would be cheap!

6 cylinder turbo diesel?

How about adding a walk-though pad on the sunpad to the MXZ. It's offered on other models.

Interior with cross-stitching pattern like you see on Mastercraft, Tige and others.

More LED light options inside and out

... and do away with metal flake. It'll be gone soon anyway, lets start now!

This is my favorite suggestion so far because it supports my recent decision to forgo any metal flake on my new boat. Thanks for helping me rationalize and feel good about my decision.

post-8878-0-62359100-1363916449_thumb.jp post-8878-0-75832000-1363916553_thumb.jp

Being yellow, I figured it was flashy enough without metal flake.

Edited by Brent Wall

My feedback is all for the VLX

1) Make the glove box open wider

2) hinge the seat over the cooler (and pre-mount a bottle opener under this hinged seat)

3) revise the helm/dash by raising the stereo and the MTC a couple inches (squish them closer to the SS trim that houses maliview & the analog gauges). In other words, what you did for the 2013 VTX but don't eliminate the analog gauges or stainless steel

4) make a locking mechanism for the G3 tower more akin to what is on the nautique tower (quick release lever) and ditch the knobs that fall off. Provide two locking positions--one fully up and one fully down in the stowed position. Make this lever SS.

5) provide removable, grated rubber non-slip mats for placing under the seats so that stuff doesn't slide around

6) split the sunpad into three hatches just like the ride series. The two hatches on the VLX are each too big.

Edited by Cory
  • Like 1

How about some sort of mat for in the storage compartments. Especially the ones under the seats.

My feedback is all for the VLX

1) Make the glove box open wider

2) hinge the seat over the cooler (and pre-mount a bottle opener under this hinged seat)

3) revise the helm/dash by raising the stereo and the MTC a couple inches (squish them closer to the SS trim that houses maliview & the analog gauges). In other words, what you did for the 2013 VTX but don't eliminate the analog gauges or stainless steel

4) make a locking mechanism for the G3 tower more akin to what is on the nautique tower (quick release lever) and ditch the knobs that fall off. Provide two locking positions--one fully up and one fully down in the stowed position. Make this lever SS.

5) provide removable, grated rubber non-slip mats for placing under the seats so that stuff doesn't slide around

6) split the sunpad into three hatches just like the ride series. The two hatches on the VLX are each too big.

:plus1: for both of these items.

Edited by Malibuzer

I like so much about the MXZ - the bench seat, the igloo cooler, but I want it on the other series as well.

power driver seat like Supra

hinged seats and hard cooler like MC

quick release tower like Nautique

revise the glove box lid (do not put that horrible lid from the VTX on the other boats)

Keep the analog gauges on the helm, but raise the radio and mtc and angle them in like the VTX.

This is my favorite suggestion so far because it supports my recent decision to forgo any metal flake on my new boat. Thanks for helping me rationalize and feel good about my decision.

2013 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV (Yellow & Charcoal) B.JPG 2013 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV (Yellow & Charcoal) C.JPG

Being yellow, I figured it was flashy enough without metal flake.

Good decision, in a few years when all these metal flake boats hit the resale market, an it's out of trend again, you're going to hear "dude, nice boat, but I just can't get past the metal flake"

My biggest thing is cooler and trash can access without making people move... if you want to keep the party going its a bummer making people get up all the time to get drinks and throw cans away.

Also bring some of the MXZ style over into the LSV line, minus the surf seats in the rear of course.