Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What about these colors? 2013 VLX

darthwhitey

Screenshot2013-03-21at101256AM.png

Screenshot2013-03-21at101246AM.png

Screenshot2013-03-21at101232AM.png

I really like the Charcoal Metallic and Vapor Blue together. I also really liked how "thtrog's" Light Graphite Deck Base matched up with the Charcoal Metallic...

...I think it would all tie in nicely with a Charcoal tower and not be as bright as a White Deck Base

** I'm checking to see if I can get the Hull Base in charcoal metallic instead of black. The "Build a Boat" only shows solid colors for the Hull Base.

Thoughts? Any suggestions?

thanks!

I like the boat colors themselves, but . . . .

I have some dark gray accents/panels on my upholstery, about that color on your seat backs and rear deck. I also have other dark colors (navy blue), but its the dark gray that gets practically scalding hot in the afternoon sun, enough so that I feel like I'm walking "hop scotch" along my seats and deck, avoiding that gray. When I start looking for another boat (and I have been looking recently), I will likely shy away from any with that much dark gray vinyl. YMMV.

bcoppess23...Thanks for the pics...that's where I got the idea!

srab...thanks for the advice on the seat cushions. I thought maybe the charcoal wouldn't get as hot as black, but I'm sure you're right. My buddy had a Nautique 210 with varying shades of brown seats (that you wouldn't think would get hot) and on really hot days those things scorched. I'll see what else might match for that area.

I can't get the charcoal metallic Hull Base, so I'm trying to decide if charcoal looks better OR light graphite? I need to see if the charcoal and charcoal metallics match well. :dontknow:

Edited by darthwhitey

I got all white in our mxz. We had a 2001 x30 with all white and it was great. Looked sick too. And with summers in Dallas with temps over 100* most days till sept. darker colors aren't your friend

I like the colors you have picked Darth, they work well together. How about a vapor blue hull base? I've had the same interior colors in my past boats with no heat problem; I do usually have moombeam as the base. You could even do all moombeam or light graphite main with blue accents, lots of choices. I understand those living in hotter climates wanting white, but I would not hesitate doing an all black boat again.

While the dark grey interior looks sweet I can tell you that it’s mighty uncomfortable in pretty much all the summer months at least in CA. I’d say change the vapor blue to dark blue and wrap it up…. :)

Yeah, thanks guys, I do like the Vapor Blue Hull Base color, that's a good idea.

It does sound like any interior color can get hot (except white) so I'll probably just get what looks good! :rockon: