Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

where to buy new swim platform for 06 vlx

glaukopes

short version: Where can I get a new swim platform for the 06 VLX I just bought (with manual wedge door)? Preferrably fiberglass, but I could settle for teak.

long version: I just bought an 06 VLX that originally came with a teak platform. The guy I bought it from replaced the teak platform with a custom made fiberglass platform that has a very rough, sandpaper-like surface. I need to replace the current platform because it will scratch a wakeboard if you do any scooting around or sliding off the edge.

When I bought the boat, I thought I could probably just go back to the teak platform because the seller said he still had it and would include it, but I had not seen it. When I actually got the teak platform I saw that it was missing the manual wedge door (just a hole there, no door or any hardware like hinge or anything) and there's also the remnants of some kind of black non-slip stuff. The black stuff is in terrible shape. A fair bit of it is worn off completely, the rest is worn smooth, and it doesn't look easy to remove. So even if I made and installed a new door, I'm not sure if I could remove the remnants of the non-slip stuff. I'm thinking maybe I'd just rather buy a whole new platform. I would prefer fiberglass, because teak requires maintenance. But a teak platform would still be better than what I have right now.

lol, i wish i was turning an extra profit. right now its just an expensive shelf in my garage

i think i have it listed on here also, i also have a bimini top and tower speakers all for illusion x tower

Edited by gary brooke

Teakworld is the one that originally made the teak one, I got a new one 2 yrs ago for $430 including shipping, might be a little more now.

If the teak one is in good shape, you could strip off the paint or coating and then refinish. Teakworld could make you a door and get the hardware from them.

Scott

Edited by Mrsamman