Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

bluetooth reciever only?

commodore

stereo noob here.

I have a 00 VLX w/ a crappy head unit, crappy amp, and some bose 151s (throwback!).

Looking to replace the head unit this summer and all I can find is CD / radio / XM combos with bluetooth capabilities. I never play CDs, or listen to radio / XM and was wondering if there anyone knows of a standalone bluetooth receiver that would work for this purpose? I hate buying sh*t I won't use.

Open to ideas.

so basically you connect the EQ to the amp, then the bluetooth dong to the EQ and, boom, the magic happens?

Right. Most EQs have two inputs. So you can run the BT into one of those. You'd still have another to use an ipod cable or a headunit or whatever. Then the EQ will have three outputs (front/rear/sub or tower/cabin/sub) that you run to your amp(s).

Right. Most EQs have two inputs. So you can run the BT into one of those. You'd still have another to use an ipod cable or a headunit or whatever. Then the EQ will have three outputs (front/rear/sub or tower/cabin/sub) that you run to your amp(s).

I have been running this setup since '10. I don't have a Head Unit or a Black Box. Everything goes through the phone/BT. It's nice to be able to let visitors play their playlists through the BT without taking control of their phone. They can actually control the music on their own phone as well.

With the Bluetooth ZLD a year away, I've been looking at BT dongles. They all need to be powered in some manner. I'm loath to have one more freakin' thing to keep charged up. I found the Belkin CarAudio Connect AUX but it's not out yet. What else looks good?

With the Bluetooth ZLD a year away, I've been looking at BT dongles. They all need to be powered in some manner. I'm loath to have one more freakin' thing to keep charged up. I found the Belkin CarAudio Connect AUX but it's not out yet. What else looks good?

This one has good reviews on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Miccus-Mini-jack-RX-Bluetooth-Receiver/dp/B0038MA11U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363888807&sr=8-1&keywords=miccu

Although I'm not a huge fan of the rats nest below, the guys at planetnautique suggest that you can leave it plugged into usb full time and not have to worry about it. Seems like you could rig up a similar setup under the dash and out of sight.

y4usugym.jpg

You can get an isimple is43 (hubvolt) that is hard wired in, and plug the charging cable into that:

710IOqpEouL._SL1500_.jpg

or a blue sea 1016 dual port usb charger:

31D-4IxHusL.jpg

Edited by shawndoggy

Lots of 12v>USB adapters out there now. Wire the adapter to your audio power switch. Adapter into your USB, into your BT adapter and RCA into your EQ. Now you have wireless tunes from your phone. Use only high quality MP3's.

This one has good reviews on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Miccus-Mini-jack-RX-Bluetooth-Receiver/dp/B0038MA11U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363888807&sr=8-1&keywords=miccu

Although I'm not a huge fan of the rats nest below, the guys at planetnautique suggest that you can leave it plugged into usb full time and not have to worry about it. Seems like you could rig up a similar setup under the dash and out of sight.

Does this work with Android, htc and iphone ? has anyone tried it?

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.amazon.com/Performance-Teknique-Parametic-Equalizer-crossov/dp/B0030D9XVQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1366237423&sr=8-5&keywords=Clarion+eqs746

Would this EQ work for my boat stereo needs (4 cabin speakers and 2-4 tower speakers)?

I'm new to stereos and want to make sure I do this right.

Do I need anything other than:

1) EQ (either clarion EQS 746 or the above)

2) Amp

3) Aux input adapter w/ RCA plugs

4) Wiring

?

Edited by commodore

I have a Wetsounds 420 EQ for sale! :-) It only has three seasons of use on it (upgraded to the WS420SQ), tower mic is intermittent (bad connection in the mic wire (someone pulled too hard)) . Get it before it goes on ebay!!

I use this Bluetooth device from New Potato. It broadcasts via FM and has a 3.5mm stereo out (perfect for my truck and boat). It's a little on the expensive side, but I love that it's all self contained and doesn't need extra wires or have to remember to charge it.