Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Factory Tour Pictures Thread

rivrat

After taking the tour, I can see why the newer mxz boats have an integrated deck and floor structure. The wet tek floors of the vlx and lsv look like they are a lot more labour intensive. I wouldn't be surprised if the future LSV and VLX end up with carpetless seat bases like the mxz boats.

That's a nice looking boat! Cant wait to see what ours looks like! I am debating driving down there next week and checking it out, but uncertain if I want to take the 9 hour drive....

Cory,

I love your interior... you have me second guessing what I ordered. Luckily it's not too late to change!

Tell me, is that Light Graphite or Moonbeam on the Base Vinyl??

PhotoMar28124025PM_zpse5b0a90b.jpg

Edited by IXFE

Thanks. I'm really happy with the interior. I'm not sure whether or not we should have added an additional regal stripe above the rub rail on the exterior. Our interior is light graphite base, white main, regal bead, regal & ebony dash, charcoal accent 1, ebony cushion panel, white floor.

Here are a couple more pictures:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g5mmdhbm50bumzq/Photo%20Mar%2028%2C%2012%2040%2030%20PM.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ltb4rk5f695n2p/Photo%20Mar%2028%2C%2012%2041%2045%20PM.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bjwqr193yek7ya4/Photo%20Mar%2028%2C%2012%2042%2003%20PM.jpg

It was good that we saw our boat. We ordered the 4 extra cabin speakers, but w/o amp and they forgot to added the speakers (see third picture). When I asked about it they were added before our tour was over. In all fairness, they probably would have caught it before the boat left the factory during their final check list review.

Edited by Cory

IXFE, your dealer is AWS, right? When is your spray date? My boat along with two others for AWS, according to the factory, should arrive at AWS "around" the 20th of April. My boat and one of the others is now complete. The other should be spraying this week, I think. Boats don't ship until they have 3 to fill a flat bed.

IXFE, your dealer is AWS, right? When is your spray date? My boat along with two others for AWS, according to the factory, should arrive at AWS "around" the 20th of April. My boat and one of the others is now complete. The other should be spraying this week, I think. Boats don't ship until they have 3 to fill a flat bed.

Mine doesn't spray until the first week of May. Unfortunately, that's as early as they would do a VLX Diamond. If all goes well, it should arrive by Memorial Day, which is fine.

Mine doesn't spray until the first week of May. Unfortunately, that's as early as they would do a VLX Diamond. If all goes well, it should arrive by Memorial Day, which is fine.

What colors/options did you end up going with?

My boat was number 1 in production today. Should have it next week.

May a duck poop on your new boat... :) Should be killer lookn'

Love seeing all the new boat pics and makes me want to pick one up.

You lack the authority for such purchases now. ;)

Malibudude,

When I get her home, I'm just going to crack open a bottle of 98 Insignia a client gave me, set up the table, and get drunk in the driveway. The water's not up enough here to use the boat yet. hahaha

Malibudude,

When I get her home, I'm just going to crack open a bottle of 98 Insignia a client gave me, set up the table, and get drunk in the driveway. The water's not up enough here to use the boat yet. hahaha

I went to Joseph Phelps a few years ago...enjoy it!

I fly out of Saudi Tuesday night and taking the detour on the way home. I plan on being at the factory on Thursday. I will get some photos of all the boats.

• 11 months later...

Anyone by chance heading to the factory this week? I am having a boat built and would love to see what it looks like. Seems like its hit or miss when counting on the factory to send pics to the dealership.

Thanks!