Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help finding a part please..

broski24

I'm updating my Bu' and can't seem to find the right part. Im looking for the rubber or plastic striping that covers the screws for the windshield and side windows. mine looked like doodoo so trying to clean up the small things for the summer. Thx for the help all!

I have called Taylor Made a couple of times with no response. I wanted to replace mine from when i pulled my windows off to have them tinted. Right now I am running around with out the molding on there. So good luck and keep us posted if you come across some.

Thanks

Andrew scott @ Bakes got back to me today and said Taylormade had a 300ft minimum for him to stock it. Checking to see if it has changed and hopefully if it has gone down he may get some in. If enough ppl want it I'm sure bakes may get a minimum roll and make a lot of us happy :) shoot Andrew an email if you want it so we can get the ball rolling.

An idea: I happened to be at a foam store yesterday and in reading this post and noticing the amount of scrap stock laying at the foam store, EVA black foam cut in a long thin strip might do the trick, It is available in various thicknesses so it might just work (and colors if desired). The specific store I visited was called "the foam store" but there are several with similar names like foam outlet, etc. Google EVA foam and your city. My Taylor windshield takes something similar not sure if all are the same.

What type of foam are we talking about? Not a bad idea as long as the glue could hold and not flop around in the wind over time. :whistle:

Some of the PCMW gaskets are still available, and so it depends on if you have a Taylor windshield or a PCMW. The 04 Sunscape 21 and VLX should be a PCMW for example, using a rubber trim. The older Response and other multi-piece windshields are Taylor, and may be harder to get.

If in doubt your dealer can look up your hull ID number and tell you.

Peter

The foam is EVA, waterproof and flexible enough to go in a trough or slot. The Taylor windshield I have uses it or something very similar to cover the screws. I saw some scrap cuts that looked pretty close when I was poking around at the samples. The shop has a cutter, so the shape should not be a problem.

Ok going to try out greatlakesskipper.com with what they have to offer. Looks like the right replacement to me. check it out for the window molding replacement

• 2 weeks later...

Ok going to try out greatlakesskipper.com with what they have to offer. Looks like the right replacement to me. check it out for the window molding replacement

Can you post a link that shows which one you are looking at?

Perfect replacement.. Like new

Do you have any pictures. I'd like to see what the molding looked like before it was put on and how it looks installed.

thanks