Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ski Bindings and Bolt Pattern

TrickyNicky

So I have an O'Brien Andy Mapple (2003 I think), I tore my rear wrap last year and am looking for new bindings. I don't live in a ski community so I need some help from you guys.

First of all does anyone have an O'brien ski from around 2003. If so can you check out the bolt pattern for the bindings and see how similar it is to a new ski. Some of you may already know if they're the same or not. I have been told new O'briens have the same bolt pattern as everything except Connelly. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Secondly, Do you guys have any recommendations on good bindings. I'm looking at spending MAX $150 ea. new. I can ski the course at 32 and 15' off although I spend almost all of my time free-skiing at 34-36.

Thanks ahead of time. I've missed the crew.

I prefer Radar's Vector boots pre 2011, the aluminum plate that they come on will fit Radar, HO, O'brien and I'm sure other skies. Now that Radar is move to the feather light base (2012), it has their new pattern. Not sure if it works with the older skies, but you can still get them on the aluminum base plate, which should fit all skies?

Still open to new suggestions but I've been offered:

Animals at $290

Vectors at $250

(possibly last years vectors at 200)

and than last years stradas at $340

Looking for a bit of sense here, I'm not swimming in cash and I rarely run the course (mainly because my regular lake doesn't have one). But I love value for money and I think the stradas are a wicked deal. So advise away....and/or share experience

Having previously owned Animals, and currently both Vectors and Strada... I'd go with the more modern and comfy Vectors (if you don't want to spend for the warmer closed toe Strada). You might also consider checking out some of the newer ski technology that has occurred over the last 10 years. Maybe strap the Vectors to a leftover Radar Senate..... (it sure is easy spending other people's $$). See if you might get a "package deal" from Wileys (or try perfski.com or summersskishop.com)

Having previously owned Animals, and currently both Vectors and Strada... I'd go with the more modern and comfy Vectors (if you don't want to spend for the warmer closed toe Strada). You might also consider checking out some of the newer ski technology that has occurred over the last 10 years. Maybe strap the Vectors to a leftover Radar Senate..... (it sure is easy spending other people's $$). See if you might get a "package deal" from Wileys (or try perfski.com or summersskishop.com)

I have been on some newer sticks but a set here or there is impossible to adjust too and they're is no shops here to demo from. It's really like taking a shot in the dark.