Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Font Style 'Malibu' & 'Response'

Andrew63

Hi

Can anyone advise on the font used in either the 'malibu' or 'response' name used on the side of the hull?

Need to increase the size of my rego numbers to avoid a fine & I would like to match either of the fonts used in the hull name.

Edited by Andrew63

Just got my Domed Numbers on Friday for my Response TXi.

I'm going to put a post up in the next day or two with pictures.

I used the Response Font from Domed for my Reg. Numbers. Link is below.

http://shop.domednumbers.com/product/malibuchromeline

Andy at Domed can create in any color you like and is a pleasure to work with.

I did mine in the Pearl Anniversary light gray.

I would make sure your state allows some of those fonts. I boat on a federal waterway mostly and they are picky about the registration letters.

I got pulled over in NH when I had script bow numbers which matched the "Malibu Skier" script on my '87. He didn't write me up, but he did tell me to "change them to block letters", which I did...

Back to the OP's original question; What is the font of the "Malibu" logo (for decal or embroidery purposes...) :whistle:

I got pulled over in NH when I had script bow numbers which matched the "Malibu Skier" script on my '87. He didn't write me up, but he did tell me to "change them to block letters", which I did...

Back to the OP's original question; What is the font of the "Malibu" logo (for decal or embroidery purposes...) :whistle:

Bamabonners & others, looking for decal purposes for the rego numbers on the hull

In Queensland Australia, we are required to have 200 mm (8") high block letters k numbers for the rego number, in a contrasting colour.

I have a white background so I an hoping the authorities won't be too critical with a grey colour.

The other options I have are dark blue since the hull is white & dark blue, not keen on this though.

I like the contrast of the response name against the white hull.

If I can identify the font, I may be able to source them in Australia, hopefully Queensland.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Looks like most results point to this font for the logo but I don't agree with them at all...

and then they say this is the response font but with a stripe through it, again I'm not sure i completely agree...

Looks like most results point to this font for the logo but I don't agree with them at all...

and then they say this is the response font but with a stripe through it, again I'm not sure i completely agree...

The Serpentine-Bold Oblique looks a bit like the 'malibu' name, bit neither look like the 'Resoponse'

The closest I can locat, havn'e been able find out the font is at the adress below, not in AU, shall find out a shipped quote in the next day or so.

http://shop.domednumbers.com/product/malibuchromeline

• 1 month later...