Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I'm gonna miss it...

Levi900RR

As some of you may already know I sold my beloved Skier today. It was my first boat, first inboard and I spend a LOT of time and money getting it to where it is today. I took a bunch of pic's of it as I was freezing my ____ off getting it going so the guy could hear it run, and then re-winterizing it. I was a little surprised that it sold so fast but we are supposed to get hammered with snow tomorrow so I was glad to have my garage space back for my truck. This will also make it WAY easier for me to fork out the cash for my VLX (once I find it)

Here's the flip book of the day:

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

Here it is hooked to NOT my truck for the first time in years...

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

Off into the sunset (or grey cold March day in VT)

IMG_0234.jpg

Here is a walk around of me running it before the guy got here, inspired by MartinArcher...

It feels really weird not to have a boat, hoping that won't last long! :rockon:

• Like 1

I teared up a little. That was a pretty boat. I know how it feels to watch your first drive away. It is very sad, but you will love the new VLX so much more. I can't wait to see the pics of that boat. If you find your way into NC you are always welcome behind mine.

When I bought my boat, the original owners wife started to really cry. Now I know why.

Steve B.

quick edit: somebody got a seriously nice boat, wonder if you mentioned the Crew to them?

Edited by Steve B.

When I bought my boat, the original owners wife started to really cry. Now I know why.

Steve B.

quick edit: somebody got a seriously nice boat, wonder if you mentioned the Crew to them?

I did mention the site to him. He said he'd found it during his search. I'm hoping he pop's up and becomes a regular.

As I scrolled down through the flip book I was expecting to see pictures as you're running after the truck and still taking pictures as you run!

I think it's appropriate to keep that signature in memory of a great skier.

VLX is a great way to go however! open bow! open bow!

Good luck finding a new one!

It's tough to let something like that go that you've put a lot of work into. I'm dreading selling my second boat right now, but the Malibu is in the driveway and the coup isn't big enough for two roosters. Watching them go down the road is like seeing a summer love drive away in the back of her daddy's blue volvo wagon, brown hair blowing in the breeze, that sparkly in her eye as she looks back and waves..... um, er, yeah, something like that...

Beautiful Skier man. Your next VLX is a lucky boat.

I absolutely love my '97 VLX. The wake is so easy to "get right". I can clean the wake up at 17mph when my wife wants to ride (no rear ballast).

Edit: Changed to "no rear ballast". It helps to have some weight towards the front to push the bow down.

Edited by Bu hoo

Off to bigger and better! Congratulations Levi

Thanks man, we gotta hook up this summer!

Whats the word on that VLX Levi?

Still waiting... :unsure:

Levi...did you give him your DUST cover, or are you keeping it for the car or wood pile or whatever...lol

I did give it to him, he actually really liked the idea of keeping the Evo in a safe place during storage.

Thanks man, we gotta hook up this summer!

Still waiting... :unsure:

I did give it to him, he actually really liked the idea of keeping the Evo in a safe place during storage.

I love it....RECYCLING at its best

• 3 weeks later...

I know that feeling, I had a boat previous to my Bu, my former wife pressured me to sell it, I dropped it off at the Marina and cried all the way back home. Seeing those pics really brought back memories.

Of course, as I hope happens in your case, about 5 years ago I found my Bu needing a lot of tlc and me needing a whopper of a project to work on. Both have been done and I love the Malibu.

Hope your story has a similar ending (without the work part). That one was a beauty.

I see a potential huuuuge problem.....How you gonna fit that VLX in your garage.? The opening looks low.

Congrats on sale. Know how you feel, some body just drove off with my baby yesterday.