Sign in to follow this  
TrickyNicky

20 MXZ with a diamond Hull?

TrickyNicky

Hi guys (and gals), been a while. Was just looking over the new models. Does anyone know if the 20 MXZ is available with a diamond hull? I'm guessing it's a completely unique hull from the VTX but was curious as that would make a great crossover with significant room for a 20ft'er.

Thanks

mnhays

I would doubt they'd even make it an option because they want the MXZ model to be a "wake" boat.

The VTX was their only attempt at a decent skiier that could throw a nice wake "out the box" as well. (which still has the wake hull.)

That being said I don't believe the diamond hull is on anything but the response series.

unless they do it later on, the answer is no. for the '13 you cannot get a Diamond Cut Hull or SV23 Diamond, only the V25 Wake.

Edited by mnhays

TrickyNicky

I would doubt they'd even make it an option because they want the MXZ model to be a "wake" boat.

The VTX was their only attempt at a decent skiier that could throw a nice wake "out the box" as well. (which still has the wake hull.)

That being said I don't believe the diamond hull is on anything but the response series.

unless they do it later on, the answer is no. for the '13 you cannot get a Diamond Cut Hull or SV23 Diamond, only the V25 Wake.

You can get the Diamond Hull on the VTX at least on the earlier models. I don't see why they would have changed that for 2013? Also the VTX was designed as a wake boat first so that was my reasoning for asking if the MXZ may come with a diamond hull.

I would also liek to add IMPO the VTX is more than an attempt at a ski boat. I've been very satisfied with it as a ski v-drive.

FYI when I say diamond I'm really not sure if I refer to the cut diamond or different. But the ski hull available on wakesetters.

mnhays

I know the cut diamond is not available on the 20 MXZ. However, you're right it is available on the 20 VTX.

I would assume if they integrated a diamond onto the MXZ it would be the Diamond and not the Cut Diamond, but I may be wrong there. As it stand the 20 MXZ is a one hull boat.

the wakesetter hull is the diamond hull "SV23 Diamond" The VTX and the Txi sport the Cut Diamond currently I believe.

TrickyNicky

Thanks that cleared things up.

Now How do I get Malibu to make one for the MXZ :whistle:

mnhays

Thanks that cleared things up.

Now How do I get Malibu to make one for the MXZ :whistle:

you don't fall victim to the batwing look! and get a 2013 VTW qith the Cut Diamond and Surfgate!