Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Two Weeks

Chattwake

Chatt. Congrats on the new ride. Off topic but a question I think you can answer. How does the rough water ride compare from LSV to 22 and 24MXZ. I was so pumped about the 22 but was not impressed in main cabin size. Now deciding between 23 and 24MXZ. So far I am leaning to a 23 due to cant justify cost difference. <br /><br />Thanks in advance.

Joe, drag that puppy to Lake Lanier in August (bring Chatt with you too).

Bama,

Well I could go to Lanier and be divorced by October for not going on the family vacation. Option B is to go next year. I think you know the answer.....Hint: It's cheaper to keep her and of course I love her too. :biggrin:

You have an open invitation to come to Chattanooga anytime. I'm sure we can get Chattwake to join us for the day as we use the same dealer, although I have never met him.

Joe

• Like 1

Joe, what are you getting?

Chatt,

We ordered a MXZ22 with the LS3 and a bunch of other options. I stopped by Marine Outfitters on Saturday and Joyce mentioned they are cranking out boats as fast as 5-7 days right now so we plan to go next Friday 3/29 to see the factory and hopefully see our boat in production.

Yes, I'll take plenty of pictures of all the boats for everybody as they may have one in production at the same time.

We live on the lake and need to meet up some time on or off the water.

Cheers.

Bama,

Well I could go to Lanier and be divorced by October for not going on the family vacation. Option B is to go next year. I think you know the answer.....Hint: It's cheaper to keep her and of course I love her too. :biggrin:

You have an open invitation to come to Chattanooga anytime. I'm sure we can get Chattwake to join us for the day as we use the same dealer, although I have never met him.

Joe

I will take you up on that. Edited by bamabonners

Bama,

Joe

You could always make Lanier the family vacation... :whistle:

Is the factory operating on Fridays right now? I was told several months ago that the factory is closed on Fridays but the spray date for my boat was recently pushed to this Friday. They must have sped up production cause I had been told production of a given boat was a little over 2 weeks, but I'm taking the factory tour next Thursday (28th) and have been told my boat will be near the end of production when we arrive. They must be running the factory on overtime...

Edited by Cory

No, they just refined the production process and redesigned certain areas of the plant to optimize efficiency. It's a night and day difference between now and two years ago.

Ktrent, I've not ridden in a 24mxz yet. The 22 rides amazing. It's a super solid boat. The tracking and overall ride quality is very similar to the 23 LSV. I also love the cabin space of the 23 LSV, which is one of the reasons we went that direction this season over a 22 mxz. I also love the LSV wake, as it is as similar to the Axis A22 wake that Malibu offers. Honestly, the A22 wake is the best wake in the Malibu/Axis lineup. If you guys don't believe me, take a set behind an A22 with the LS3 and about 4k in ballast. It's just ridiculous.

JoeA, I'll pm you my number later. Call me soon and lets get our new rigs out. I'll have mine in the second week in April, and I'll probably spend that first weekend installing stereo stuff and plumbing sacs. I'll be in Aruba with the wife for five days the following week, and then we plan to get the season started in earnest. We definitely need to get together, do some surfing, and make a run to Amigos!

Edited by Chattwake

Is the factory operating on Fridays right now? I was told several months ago that the factory is closed on Fridays but the spray date for my boat was recently pushed to this Friday. They must have sped up production cause I had been told production of a given boat was a little over 2 weeks, but I'm taking the factory tour next Thursday (28th) and have been told my boat will be near the end of production when we arrive. They must be running the factory on overtime...

Cory,

It is my understanding that the factory is running five days a week now. I sure hope so because we plan on heading over there Friday the 29th. I guess i need to confirm that.

I think they are operating on Fridays right now. My original spray date was Monday, March 26th and then a couple weeks ago it got pushed up to Friday, March 22nd. So, unless it was a typo by the factory, they are at least painting on Fridays.

Cory,

It is my understanding that the factory is running five days a week now. I sure hope so because we plan on heading over there Friday the 29th. I guess i need to confirm that.