Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakeboards

racer808

Wondering what budget set up you guys like? I am leaning towards some left over Ronix & Ronix bindings for 350 bucks, shipped. What are the differences in boards? I just ride, can jump the wake, do 180's.

How important is size? I liked riding a 138, sizing says I should be a 141. Does it really matter?

I always go with the size suggested or size smaller board to make aerial tricks easier. If the chart for that particular board has you on the cusp of the sizes always go with the lower, to give you easier control of the board if you're already riding and doing well. The larger board helps you learn and stabilize more IMO but other than that you don't need a larger board after you can ride with some/any skill.

FWIW after riding on the Hyperlite system I will probably never ride with a different type of binding it's just sooo much nicer and has a lot better control with amazing comfort. and I can keep my boots on if I'm switching between sets with my buddies and what not.

I have a pair of 2012 Ronix One's they're great bindings but they don't even compare.

last years Ronix would be my choice. Something like a District or Vault. The boards these days are so light you really cant tell weight wise, the difference between a 138 and a 141. I ride a Ronix One 146 and (to me) it feels lighter than my CWB DB9 141.

Thanks guys. Not to switch gears but I got a 5' obrien surfboard for cheap. When I ordered it all the sites said it was good for 100 pounds & up. My kids are right at 5', 105 pounds range. Board looks huge for them? Are they going to be able to surf this board? Really dont want to buy yet another board.

On the wake board I went with the hyperlite 2011 forefront & circuit bindings, it was on clearance for 215, thought worse case I could sell it on craigs if I did not like.

Googled the system bindings. Did not know Wakeboarding is now like Snowboarding. Too much for me this year anyway, I will have to just make do. Spent way too much already on boat & stuff for boat!

Googled the system bindings. Did not know Wakeboarding is now like Snowboarding. Too much for me this year anyway, I will have to just make do. Spent way too much already on boat & stuff for boat!

Unless you're a pro that brand new expensive stuff is a waste of money IMO... Even the "cheaper" boards and bindings these days are really good.

• Like 3