Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Running your boat in the winter?

Levi900RR

Hey all, I'm selling the Skier today! The buyer wants to hear it run which is totally understandable. I am planning to run it on the hose and re-winterize today. Its going to be 34 and sunny here and I dont think I'll have a problem bringing it up to temprature. Anyone see any issues with this? I'm going to bring it up to temp, then drain the water out and re-fill it with antifreeze.

I'm just hoping I can get it to warm up to operating temp...

I have a hard time bringing it up to temprature with well water early spring and late fall. Fortunatly, I have a hot and cold faucet inside the garage. The mix to luke warm water helps bring to temp quickly. Good luck with your sale.

I've never had an issue with it, and have done it that way for years (very cold spring start-ups). You should reach temp no problem, just takes a while at idle.

Good luck with the sale!

In the driveway last weekend I couldn't get above 145 even idling at 2k rpm for several minutes. Yesterday out on the lake water was 56 and we surfed for 2 hours and it never got above 150. Then we boarded for about 20 minutes and it finally hit and stuck at 160 but quickly dropped back to 140ish as we cruised back in. :dontknow: YMMV

I'll have to keep my fingers crossed. We only have 1 more week of sub 30 degree temperature. I'm actually thinking of just draining it all and sending him on his way. The thing is going to be inside his attached garage and I know it rarely gets below freezing in my garage unless is below zero outside. Those days better be behind me for this year!