Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

02 Carbureted 350 wakesetter

I have no spark. Cap, rotor, wires, and plugs are new. Can I run a standard remote hei coil and module found on any chevy starting in 87? How does my timing advances without a computer?

Edited by wake309

Don't know about running a remote coil but..... need more info please. No spark could be anything. What have you done maintenance wise recently? First start with the battery, make sure you have 12 volts and work your way downhill from there. Is the motor turning over but not starting, or does it just click when you turn the key? Too many more questions to even begin....

Sorry bro, you may not be qualified to help. Late 80's gm started using a new design hei with the coil not mounted in the cap with a computer controlled ignition module. My boat has this, but no computer, carbureted. I just replaced cap, wires, rotor, plugs. Fired right up, shut it off. Went to start again later before going out. Nothing, pulled a wire, no spark, pulled the coil wire, no spark. Borrowed a module out of my truck still nothing, borrowed coil, fired right up. So my question really is what's the difference between my trucks module and coil vs my boats, besides the epoxy coating on the coil.