Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bimini with Rev10s on G3 Tower HELP

dDubya

Taking the wife and kids out today so I need to put the bimini up. The bimini is normally in the garage except for when the fam comes out. I recently installed a pair of REV10s. This morning, I tried to put the bimini back on the tower and the speakers are in the way of the lower bimini frame mounts (acons, I think). Anyone have a fix?

IMG_20130317_114449_046.gif?w=AAA38WsReq

I cant view your picture for some reason, I had REV 10s on my 2011 and it was never an issue with clearing the bimini. What year is your boat and what model bimini are you using?

Boat is a '12 LSV23. Not sure of the bimini. Came with the boat; bought new at Larson Marine. I attached a thumbnail...

In the picture you can see how the lower attachment comes into contact with the speaker mount. Maybe I just have to drill and tap the anchor to the backside of the tower?

post-21239-0-70454200-1363620640_thumb.j

No, pretty sure you should not have to do that...hmm, on my 11 I am trying to remember if we had to modify the bracket... I don't think we did.

Let me see if I can get a few pics for you... I am having Rev 10s put on my 13 vlx, I hope this won't be an issue.

After looking more closely at the pic, did you order the mounting bracket from Wetsounds? Maybe its the pic but I don't see the bracket, it looks like the speaker is mounted directly to the black tower piece???

The bracket pushes the speaker inward to clear the bimini pole.

Edited by Fman

Here is my 2011 with REV 10s... I remember my installed did have to cut down the pole a couple inches to make it fit correctly. However, it looks like your speakers are mounted lower.

REV5-1_zps25736cce.jpg

Yeah, looks like you have the G3 Dual mount speaker brackets. I just got off the phone with wetsounds who said that to use a bimini, I'd have to go with those too. I'm going to drill and tap the tower to relocate the accon. Thank you for your help!

• 1 month later...

So, it's been getting pretty warm out here lately and to give my wife one less excuse to come out on the water with me, I had to get the bimini installed. I was planning on moving the accons to the top of the tower but decided against that. My simple and super clean fix was to drill and tap my upper board racks for the accon. Now the bimini works perfect with the speakers in place, and the stainless accon is almost invisible mounted on the polished board rack...

post-21239-0-85778900-1366869411_thumb.j

• 2 months later...