Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

little window for remote

phataz5

got a friend to cut a hole out where the cd player is so remote can be used , kool as100_2942_zps0e96f9a6.jpg

Edited by phataz5

Looks nice. Seems like it would have been easier to just install a remote sensor though. My buddy has one mounted on his dash. Then he keeps the remote in a cell phone waterproof case. Works for 20' or 30' away pretty easily.

Remote sensor? where would i be able to get one from?......head unit looks good when its starting to get dark as well.

we dont have alot over here in New Zealand and anything to do with boats the cost is huge, new zealand is made up of two islands north and south i live in the north island and there isnt even a malibu dealer and the one down south wont help me with my malibu as I bought it in from the usa......,My family and i couldnt aford to buy one here as the cost of a 98 response is around $36k.

ian from pure inboards is a great help tho,he is real nice person too and is always keen , and there is also glenn a nautique dealer who is awesome to.

I just finished relocating mine, as the under the armrest location is just an bad place to have the head unit. Still doing some wiring so I haven't fired it up yet, but here is a picture the day I relocated it:

photomar14175828.jpg

Don't have the sub and box installed in there yet nor a list of other things done. I will be relocating my portable Sirus unit to under the armrest, as it doesn't need to be seen/touched as my Alpine controls it using the Alpine Sirius tuner and SCVDOC1 dock. Pretty easy relocation; used a generic Metra under-dash kit.

that looks awesome , how much was the head unit? is that the marine one.......

Yes, it is the marine version, the iDA-X100M. I got a good deal on it, paid around $280 new. Of course with Alpine EVERYTHING is an add-on, so I've got a lot more into the setup than that (RF floating remote, MC10 transom remote kit with additional MC1 remote display, Alpine Sirius tuner and will be getting an Imprint box soon).

sounds mean as , i tried to get the ida-x100m but no one in new zealand got them in ,and i love the look of alpine head units so just got the ida-x200 but the only down fall you cant fit a transom remote kit