Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

done some work on my rear

phataz5

hay guys , yep boat goes real well with the hammerhead engine ,needs it tho as we put 200kg sack in the bow ,200kg sack on both sides of the engine and a 400kg sack in the rear ,drop the wedge and she has a very nice wake.100_3234_zps1510d4ea.jpg

no i polished the wedge and arms and had the mounts powder coated and also the duckboard mounts done ,they came up like new.

Looks fantastic! I took my wedge off recently to polish mine up too. SS turndowns are going on my boat soon too. Did you take the wedge somewhere for polishing or did you do it yourself?

i took it into a polishing shop ,$50 and it came back like a mirror, just got to give it a polish here and there and it stays looking good. the turn downs look awesome on the boat , didnt do that much to the engine sound tho but hay i love the sound of my mal anyway....

martinarcher

Looks awesome! I love the polished parts and can certainly appreciate the time that went into making them look that good. That was $50 well spent!

Oh, and for the other Yankee's reading the thread, the duckboard is the swim platform. I love that name for it. :)

I even replaced both pick ups for the speedos which i only use one as i have perfectpass from a nautique dealer who had two original airglide ones that was used on a malibu still in there packets new as the old ones had faded badly. I also cut the hole in the duckboard so the i can get to the wedge without geting in........sorry wakingmehappy about the title :)

Edited by phataz5

Hey, phataz5, I was thinking about cutting a hold in my platform to get my wedge, would you mind posting some pics of how you re-inforced the planks. Love the turn downs I may have to put those on my Sunsetter, my son has been after me to do that for a couple of years now. I love these old BU's.

• 2 weeks later...