Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
phataz5

remove 04 wakesetter dash

phataz5

Hi Guys a friend of mine is trying to fix his gauges in his 04 vlx wakesetter ,first of all the rev counter stop working and is stuck on 1000 rmp then the speedo stop working and then the rest did too, only thing still going is the perfect pass.we tried to take out the dash but could only find one screw at top of dash and couldn't find any others so dash is still stuck in there , has any one had this as well. please help.....

greg2vlx

Pull the screws out of the malibu logo below the gauges and the enitre assebly should come out.

ToeCutter

Is it the same with the 05 Wakesetter? I bought a new faceplate as the one currently in there is corroded.

coyote055

Is it the same with the 05 Wakesetter? I bought a new faceplate as the one currently in there is corroded.

Yep, the 05 Wakesetter gauge cluster comes out the same way.

ToeCutter

The screw holding the assembly in place is a weird star shaped thing with a post in the middle. Is this a generic type of screw or specific to malibu?

coyote055

The screw holding the assembly in place is a weird star shaped thing with a post in the middle. Is this a generic type of screw or specific to malibu?

Sounds like a Torx security screw. You should be able to find a Torx security bit set at most good sized home improvement or tool stores. I'm not sure why you would have security screws in that application. Maybe to keep someone from stealing your Malibu logo.