Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

fly high pro x 750's

Chia

I have a 2001 sunsetter vlx and while i have read posts about these sacs in the lockers but am looking for the definitive answer,

Do they fit comfortably in the lockers? and

can they be filled to capacity?

They are 20x20x50.

I want to fill the sacs automatically and without watching the fill level. I currently use 2 pro x v drive sacs in each locker (one on top of the other) and think 1 sac would be easier to deal with.

They fit in my boat well. If they're too big, it isn't by much at all. Yours is a different, smaller hull, but I can't see it being dramatically different. Plus everyone with a boat of your hull design has been really happy with it, so I'd go for it. I haven't seen anything else that comes as close, unless you want to go the custom route & that's expensive if you go through Fly High or a PITA if you go through somewhere like Boarders Paradise.

I installed the 750's in my 04 vlx, but I haven't had a chance to try them out yet. I also have the center MLS(500lbs) and was wondering how much lead I would need in the nose? I own the triangle bow sac (1000lbs) but my wife likes to hang in the bow and I would have to empty it for wakesurfing. I figure the lead (pop bags) would be easier to move around for surfing.

Edited by Woody26
I have a 2001 sunsetter vlx and while i have read posts about these sacs in the lockers but am looking for the definitive answer,

They are 20x20x50.

I want to fill the sacs automatically and without watching the fill level. I currently use 2 pro x v drive sacs in each locker (one on top of the other) and think 1 sac would be easier to deal with.

If it helps here is a link to the ProX 750lb. in the rear locker of our 04LSV

They are 20x20x50.

I saw those pics the other day, do you know if the lockers on your boat are the same size as the lockers on a 01 sunsetter, a couple of inches here and there would make a difference.

I think i will take wakegirls suggestion and go for the 750's, like, what could go wrong?

They are 20x20x50.

I saw those pics the other day, do you know if the lockers on your boat are the same size as the lockers on a 01 sunsetter, a couple of inches here and there would make a difference.

I think i will take wakegirls suggestion and go for the 750's, like, what could go wrong?

At worst case you fill the locker to compacity instead of the sacs, I felt the same way but with the shape of the sacs I think you will be fine. On the floor of the locker what does it measure from the very back to front of the locker?

They are 20x20x50.

I think the LSV compartments are just a little bit longer, BICBW. Worst case, they don't fill completely - it will still be more weight than the vdrive specific sacks.

I have a 98 sunsetter VLX and i just got the proX 750's in last week....I tried them out sat and they will almost fill all the way.....they do put some pressure on the engine walls since they are just plastic. They fill every available space and you won't be sorry for getting them. I need to relocate my battery so i will have a little more room for it to fill but other than that they are great. I will try to take some pics the next time we're out to show you what they look like. Hope this helps.

I second the pics! I have a 99 VLX with the Fly High v-drive sacs, but 400lbs per side just isn't enough weight (without the wedge). I'd love to see what the 750 pounders look like in the VLX.

Edited by Juice75
I second the pics! I have a 99 VLX with the Fly High v-drive sacs, but 400lbs per side just isn't enough weight (without the wedge). I'd love to see what the 750 pounders look like in the VLX.

Put both v-drive sacs on one side (one on top of the other) for surfing, it definitely helps.

• 2 weeks later...

got any pics yet? i'm looking at doing some serious ballast mods before the season really gets going. i'm switching from a Simer system to Tsunami aerators, and which means i'd have to add fittings to my current 550's in the rear. this is easy to do with a thru-hull fitting, but i'd rather just sell them and get some more ProX's to match the one in my walkthru.

got any pics yet? i'm looking at doing some serious ballast mods before the season really gets going. i'm switching from a Simer system to Tsunami aerators, and which means i'd have to add fittings to my current 550's in the rear. this is easy to do with a thru-hull fitting, but i'd rather just sell them and get some more ProX's to match the one in my walkthru.

not me, i just got back from 6 weeks in Havasu, will start working on the project this weekend. Biggrin.gif

Hey, it looks like the revenge on the late 90's vlx thread. A good amount of these boats here. I'ld like to see pics as well. I've got hard tanks plumbed with sepatate pumps but... you always could use just a little bit more.

Looks like there's three of us on here from Austin.

Trace - I'm about to do the same setup on my '99 VLX. I'll post pics once I get started.

Looks like there's three of us on here from Austin.

Trace - I'm about to do the same setup on my '99 VLX. I'll post pics once I get started.

cool, i'm actually in RR too - we should hook up and do the installs together. i have connections thru work to get OEM/bulk pricing on some of the components, too.

Trace,

Why are you switching from the simers to aerators? I saw your write up on Wakeworld (or another website) and it looked like a good setup. Just curious if you were having problems or slow fill times.

Trace,

Why are you switching from the simers to aerators? I saw your write up on Wakeworld (or another website) and it looked like a good setup. Just curious if you were having problems or slow fill times.

no problems, really - i am looking for lower amp draws, quieter operation, and faster fill times. i am actually still going to run dual parallel Simers on one of the circuits to deal with the one sack we have to move around. we put my ProX 750 in the walkthru for boarding, and along the port side under the cooler for surfing. (no wraparound seating in a 96) the aerator part of the system will be almost a direct copy of a Rival system.

• 4 weeks later...

I have pics if anyone is interested of the FlyHigh 750's in the lockers of my 98 vlx.....They aren't plumbed in but you can see how they fill. PM me your email addys and I'll send some pics....I can't post any on here.

I just put two 750's in my '02 VLX. I have yet to test them out due to rainy weather, but it looks like they fit perfectly. I'm glad I didn't get the V-drive sacs.

I'll have pics some time this week. Biggrin.gif

I just put two 750's in my '02 VLX. I have yet to test them out due to rainy weather, but it looks like they fit perfectly. I'm glad I didn't get the V-drive sacs.

Tuneman-

could you send me some pics, with some specifics on the fittings you used to plumb them in? I have the factory hard tanks on my 05' V-Drive, and I just want to do a quick and easy swap of the hoses if possible. Thanks man.

-Keith

Tuneman-

could you send me some pics, with some specifics on the fittings you used to plumb them in? I have the factory hard tanks on my 05' V-Drive, and I just want to do a quick and easy swap of the hoses if possible. Thanks man.

-Keith

Same for me, I am looking for the same info that Keith requested if you wouldn't mind.

Many thanks!!

G-Pac