Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Maliview Bluetooth

hawgydawgy

Bamma, I like the idea of the Bluetooth, one question, how do you charge up your I pod when using it? I was planning on installing this unit (IS-75) off the WS-420, its a direct plug in to the Ipod and also charges at the same time. It worked great, however having wireless would be even better.... I just want to be able to use an Ipod with a low battery and have it charge back up.

Here is what I had on the 11 and was planning on installing on the 13:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_19569_iSimple-PolyWire-IS75.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=productads&gclid=COi134WzibYCFcR7QgodcwQAOg

I bought the "HTC Stereo Clip" about 2 weeks ago. It pretty much has the best bluetooth quality on the market. It plugs directly into the Aux and has an 8 hour battery on it. Thing works like a champ. It charges via USB and can charge while being used. Next project is I am going to do a flush mount aux port and USB port together for its use.

The stereo clip has a one button pairing, super easy for when someone else wants to play their music, and its only $65. Absolutly love it.

Bamma, I like the idea of the Bluetooth, one question, how do you charge up your I pod when using it? I was planning on installing this unit (IS-75) off the WS-420, its a direct plug in to the Ipod and also charges at the same time. It worked great, however having wireless would be even better.... I just want to be able to use an Ipod with a low battery and have it charge back up.

Here is what I had on the 11 and was planning on installing on the 13:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_19569_iSimple-PolyWire-IS75.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=productads&gclid=COi134WzibYCFcR7QgodcwQAOg

Fman, you can charge while on bluetooth, and you can choose bluetooth as the audio output even while charging with an is75 (though why would you, right?).

But even a plain old ipod cable plugged in to usb will work to charge while streaming bluetooth. Check out the blue sea 1016 (a two port marine usb charger you could put in the glovebox for $25).

another option is you could also buy a USB adapter that goes in your 12v cigarette lighter outlet and use that for charging. The VLX has several of these outlets around. I use a flush mount one in my truck similar to this:

Belkin-USB-Charger.jpg