Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Beginner Adult Wakeboard

jetskipro550

Just like the title says, I'm looking for a beginner wakeboard for my dad. Needs to be very stable and easy to ride. He is roughly 5'7 165lbs. The board doesn't have to be the latest and greatest (would actually prefer 1-2 model years old). He probably won't ever progress to the point of even going W2W, he just needs something stable. He hates my Hyperlite Imperial board if that helps?

Son...Really I'm just trying to make up for the crappy Christmas gift I got him this last year :lol: The board was cheap, but the bindings are nice. I've got the 2012 Factions (similar) and love them! The wetsuit is cause I'm selfish and want to go riding when it's colder (and can't go by myself) so now he won't have an excuse not to go.

evo has some great outlet deals! I just picked up some bindings and a surf board.

On a similar note, I want to get back into trying to board this year. I have been horrible with it in the past, someone told me my board is too small (story of my life). Anyhow, the board is an older Obrien and is a 143. I am 6-3 about 205. I know all boards are different, and can not remember the one I have, but in general is this board too small?

And don't mean to hijack the thread, but it looks like the OP has worked out his issues. Sorry if I offend...

Son...Really I'm just trying to make up for the crappy Christmas gift I got him this last year :lol: The board was cheap, but the bindings are nice. I've got the 2012 Factions (similar) and love them! The wetsuit is cause I'm selfish and want to go riding when it's colder (and can't go by myself) so now he won't have an excuse not to go.

Did you ride RJ's Factions? He loves his for sure. I think that's a good setup, his feet will be happy & he should have a blast on the board.

Yeah, that's the reason I got my Factions. Mine are CT and don't hinge the same as his, but I love them!

The gear came yesterday and that 5/4/3 wetsuit is thick! I can't wait to try it out this spring and see if it's comfortable in 55* water