Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
jetskipro550

Beginner Adult Wakeboard

jetskipro550

Just like the title says, I'm looking for a beginner wakeboard for my dad. Needs to be very stable and easy to ride. He is roughly 5'7 165lbs. The board doesn't have to be the latest and greatest (would actually prefer 1-2 model years old). He probably won't ever progress to the point of even going W2W, he just needs something stable. He hates my Hyperlite Imperial board if that helps?

WakeGirl

J,

It's not hyped as a beginner, but it's easy to ride. I've got that CWB Absolute that he can have if he likes it. It's a few years old, but since it's a Platinum it's super light.

WakeGirl

Oh & I just remembered, I can borrow RJ's Murray for him the next time that we go out. That would be a fantastic choice. RJ doesn't want to sell it, but it would give him a chance to try it out.

jetskipro550

I appreciate the offer! But I'm trying to buy it for his b-day this month so he's not going to be able to try anything out :)

WakeGirl

Gotcha. Well if you don't find anything or if it turns out that he wants to be a diva about it, the offer stands. :)

jetskipro550
RTS

Jeez....my 'beginner' wakeboard was some $65 set up from Bass Pro Shops with velcro straps for bindings. And that wasn't all that long ago, either. You're a good son-in-law, JSP.

jetskipro550

Son...Really I'm just trying to make up for the crappy Christmas gift I got him this last year :lol: The board was cheap, but the bindings are nice. I've got the 2012 Factions (similar) and love them! The wetsuit is cause I'm selfish and want to go riding when it's colder (and can't go by myself) so now he won't have an excuse not to go.

teamerickson
evo has some great outlet deals! I just picked up some bindings and a surf board.

Falko

On a similar note, I want to get back into trying to board this year. I have been horrible with it in the past, someone told me my board is too small (story of my life). Anyhow, the board is an older Obrien and is a 143. I am 6-3 about 205. I know all boards are different, and can not remember the one I have, but in general is this board too small?

And don't mean to hijack the thread, but it looks like the OP has worked out his issues. Sorry if I offend...

jetskipro550

I'm really no help in answering your question, but the thread is all yours!

WakeGirl

Son...Really I'm just trying to make up for the crappy Christmas gift I got him this last year :lol: The board was cheap, but the bindings are nice. I've got the 2012 Factions (similar) and love them! The wetsuit is cause I'm selfish and want to go riding when it's colder (and can't go by myself) so now he won't have an excuse not to go.

Did you ride RJ's Factions? He loves his for sure. I think that's a good setup, his feet will be happy & he should have a blast on the board.

jetskipro550

Yeah, that's the reason I got my Factions. Mine are CT and don't hinge the same as his, but I love them!

The gear came yesterday and that 5/4/3 wetsuit is thick! I can't wait to try it out this spring and see if it's comfortable in 55* water