Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surf Gate Waves on LSV

pkh

Active Water Sports has been playing with weighting in the LSV w/ Surf Gate. This is with 750 per locker, 400 in the front, and a 800 Sumo Flat Sac 3/4 full, 5 guys in boat. Producing some sick waves:

pCtSi3y.jpg

ILTEvXF.jpg

6wjgr7c.jpg

X2kixzX.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, it had the Monsoon 350 with the 1235 prop. The sumo waterbed sack is what was on the floor. Looks like a giant air matress. The boat semed to pull it just fine. We calculated it out, with people and ballast almost 5000lbs. Ballast everywhere. That's one of my biggest complaints with the surfgate boats. PSSST!!!!......... They take TONS OF WIEGHT to get those type of waves......and the odd handling characteristics VS. leaned. Not a fan of ballast all over the whole boat. It decreases the pleasurablity of my time on the water, but to each his own.

I dunno Bobby its still pretty damn fun with just a couple 750's in the back. We are hiding lead under our front seats so it will be a stealth setup. Wave was way longer than my VLX w/ 1100 + 370 tube under seats + 400 lead in bow. Maybe not as steep / critical but I am not sure what that was buying me.

I do feel like turning the boat around is slower than with listed, but you can turn either way and you aren't leaned over so it feels safer.

There may be a few advantages to listing but I am super stoked to be able to use all the seating in my boat and not lean the thing over all day.