Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Friday GoPro 3 video of the first run of the season

JustinOSU

Out of curiousity...What was his rope length and speed? I would guess it is the lens on the GoPro but he looks like he is chasing the boat from 100 feet back at slalom speeds...

Yeah...That was some amazing riding. I felt bad watching him sink into the water at the beginning and end. Especially the end...those red hands said cold better than anything else did...

Thank you for the video.

75 feet at 23mph

Ya he was cold, just wearing a full wetsuit, he's anti drysuit. I wore a dry suit and was fine.

Edited by JustinOSU

That was a great vid, now I'm pumped to ride. We need ice off in Michigan...

Yeah...I know what you mean about the video pumping me up. We don't have ice here. The boat is coming out of storage this weekend. I have a pile of work in my living room to put on the boat when it comes out.

Can't Wait!!!

Water's always butter on our river, notice the high tree lined banks.

Where did you find water like that last weekend? We went to OKC Saturday, and the wind was howling! Sweet video!

Edited by JustinOSU

Great edit and solid riding. Would have been even better if you combined some of shots the guys in the boat were taking.

Edited by BlitzedVLX

Sweet ride! 56 degree water! talk about the kings conditions! Go my first set in this weekend since spraining my foot last labor day. 58 degree air, 42 degree water. 4:3 wetsuit. I wasnt cold just out of shape!

post-17891-0-57384000-1363029336_thumb.j

Nice video! I agree with shots from the boat. Make some Picture-in-Picture moments for some added eye candy, I think it would be cool to see.

Edited by Slyexe

I envy you wakeboarders, my knee won't let me do it like I wish I could.

I stick to surfing and kneeboarding (yes, kneeboarding). I can ride kneeboard no problem, it is the twisting forces of the wakeboard that pains me. I am actually thinking of trying to wakeskate instead - my thinking is that since my feel are not tied to the board that I may be able to do it without pain.

Nice vid! Really smooth Todd. First run of the season? Although the air was 55 at my lake (in NY) this past Sunday, the lake was 24......inches thick. Ice shanty's and snowmobiles get put away next weekend.

Yes, it was his first run of the season and he only fell there at the end on the toe 7. The photographers in the boat where some local photography students which had just happened to contact Todd that day via instagram. They needed some wakeboarding photos for an extreme sports class project they are working on and we haven't seen there photos yet.