Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
JustinOSU

Friday GoPro 3 video of the first run of the season

JustinOSU

Water and air 54F, the rider is Todd Forrest. Good day!

Sent from my iPhone

wakedncsu

Out of curiousity...What was his rope length and speed? I would guess it is the lens on the GoPro but he looks like he is chasing the boat from 100 feet back at slalom speeds...

Ronnie

Great vid! Not a lot of extra BS, just nice riding. :salute:

wakedncsu

Yeah...That was some amazing riding. I felt bad watching him sink into the water at the beginning and end. Especially the end...those red hands said cold better than anything else did...

Thank you for the video.

JustinOSU

75 feet at 23mph

Ya he was cold, just wearing a full wetsuit, he's anti drysuit. I wore a dry suit and was fine.

Edited by JustinOSU

edgeski1

That was a great vid, now I'm pumped to ride. We need ice off in Michigan...

wakedncsu

That was a great vid, now I'm pumped to ride. We need ice off in Michigan...

Yeah...I know what you mean about the video pumping me up. We don't have ice here. The boat is coming out of storage this weekend. I have a pile of work in my living room to put on the boat when it comes out.

Can't Wait!!!

FastFreddy

Over 24 inches of ice on my lake... I have to wait until mid May to get water at 50 degrees +.

mrnate450r

Where did you find water like that last weekend? We went to OKC Saturday, and the wind was howling! Sweet video!

windy1

We will see you guys out there on the riv in about 2 weeks. Always fun to watch Todd ride.

Edited by windy1

tinman10

Awesome video guys. I enjoyed it!!! I see I'm not the only idiot that ride year round.Cold water riding does not stop me.

JustinOSU

Water's always butter on our river, notice the high tree lined banks.

Where did you find water like that last weekend? We went to OKC Saturday, and the wind was howling! Sweet video!

Edited by JustinOSU

JustinOSU

Anyone notice the Malibu crew sticker on the back middle of the boat?

Levi900RR

Great vid, I am so pumped for spring!!! It was 50 and sunny this past weekend and really chopped the ice down, but there is still a good 18+ inches of it.

windy1

76 friday and saturday. too bad my boat won't be ready

BlitzedVLX

Great edit and solid riding. Would have been even better if you combined some of shots the guys in the boat were taking.

Edited by BlitzedVLX

Bradley686

Good job Todd!!! Sorry I missed it, but still a little too cold for me lol :-)

mica

Can't wait to go riding...

But actually it's more time for ski or snowboard than wakeboarding in Switzerland...

JonnyRad91

Sweet ride! 56 degree water! talk about the kings conditions! Go my first set in this weekend since spraining my foot last labor day. 58 degree air, 42 degree water. 4:3 wetsuit. I wasnt cold just out of shape!

post-17891-0-57384000-1363029336_thumb.j

wakebrdr94

:rockon: nice riding!

Slyexe

Nice video! I agree with shots from the boat. Make some Picture-in-Picture moments for some added eye candy, I think it would be cool to see.

Edited by Slyexe

bamabonners

I envy you wakeboarders, my knee won't let me do it like I wish I could.

I stick to surfing and kneeboarding (yes, kneeboarding). I can ride kneeboard no problem, it is the twisting forces of the wakeboard that pains me. I am actually thinking of trying to wakeskate instead - my thinking is that since my feel are not tied to the board that I may be able to do it without pain.

electricjohn

Nice vid! Really smooth Todd. First run of the season? Although the air was 55 at my lake (in NY) this past Sunday, the lake was 24......inches thick. Ice shanty's and snowmobiles get put away next weekend.

JustinOSU

Yes, it was his first run of the season and he only fell there at the end on the toe 7. The photographers in the boat where some local photography students which had just happened to contact Todd that day via instagram. They needed some wakeboarding photos for an extreme sports class project they are working on and we haven't seen there photos yet.

cowwboy

We went out saturday after the storm.

If you guys are willing to come to okc I'll be out on arcadia sometime this coming weekend.