Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What Size Lift for 24 MXZ

rockefeller

Thinking of trading my VLX for a 24 MXZ at the end of this season. I currently have a 4,000 lb floatair front mount lift, obviously I am going to have to upgrade to a bigger one but not sure what the boat really weighs. Malibu says 4800 dry. I am leaning toward a 6k maybe 8k? What do you think?

Hydrohoist has a 6,600# lift......figure full tank of gas, gear (tools, anchor, etc), extra batteries for sound system and body weight of two people (assuming at some point you'll do maintenance on your boat while it's on the lift).

6K should be more than enough for that boat.
That being said, if your buying a new lift and dont ever want to think it again, the price difference between a 6K and 8K lift should only be about a thousand bucks. Might be worth the comparitively little extra not to worry about it.

Give these guys a look for sure: http://www.hydromaxii.com/

Where ya located??

HydroHoist is great. For our neighborhood that is the only lift you are allowed to have, and we have had it for 3 years, works great. 15k pound lift but it holds the boat and 2 jet skis.

HydroHoist is great. For our neighborhood that is the only lift you are allowed to have, and we have had it for 3 years, works great. 15k pound lift but it holds the boat and 2 jet skis.

I agree. We have the 4400lb HydroHoist lift for our Txi and it works great.

The only problem we have had is the motors need replacing, we bought it used though so that may be why. <br />Also it comes disconnected after 2 years of waves on a windy day pounding it from behind, just tighten the bolts. The waves make it shake side to side that's why.

You should upgrade your lift by adding additional tanks to support the weight, there's no need to buy a whole new lift. I'd go with 8K too, it will lower slower than a 6K, but its nice to know you have the additional float.

You should upgrade your lift by adding additional tanks to support the weight, there's no need to buy a whole new lift. I'd go with 8K too, it will lower slower than a 6K, but its nice to know you have the additional float.

Additional tanks? Can you explain?

Additional tanks? Can you explain?

In a pneumatic hoist there are a series tanks that are either full of air (to lift your boat and float it above water) or allow water to fill the tank to lower your boat into the water. I have seen several people in our area that have made modifications to their hoist by adding two additional "jetski" sized tanks to their 6K lb hoist to help with the additional weight, or two additional full tanks. I'm not sure where they purchased the tanks from.