Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Davis Instruments dehumidifier vs west marine air dryer with fan.

wakesetter8796

Has anyone used one or both of these? Do they work well? How do they compare? Is it worth it? We have wet carpets sometimes and it gets to smelling bad. We have a non breathable cover with air vents, but hopefully a dehumidifier will do the trick to keep it dry.

Not sure where you keep it but if you can add a or two ceiling fans above it in a few hours it will be dry as a bone.

Has anyone used one or both of these? Do they work well? How do they compare? Is it worth it? We have wet carpets sometimes and it gets to smelling bad. We have a non breathable cover with air vents, but hopefully a dehumidifier will do the trick to keep it dry.

I have both the large and small Davis air dryr. They will dry out wet carpet and will dry out and keep a boat dry under a cover. Great product

Good to hear, wonder if only the large will cover a v ride?

Large would cover it fine, I ended up with both off some amazon.com deal, but usually only use the larger one

I've been using the West Marine Air Dryer for years & it does a good job. Combined with a Dry-z-air thingy when I was in Seattle, where I kept the boat outside all year, I didn't have much of a moisture problem in the boat. Just be sure to get all your wet stuff out of the boat too.

I also have been using the above WM combined fan/htr with very good results here in Oahu on the wet side (Windward) of the island. Taylor-made vent in cover helps too, I think. The price is right for sure. Also, I don't remember how much pwr it uses, but I compared it to others at the time and it was lower.