Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How to get the best surf wave in a 2012 VTX

caw32073

Can anyone with a 2012 VTX with Diamond Hull let me know what they are using for ballast for the best surf wave? I do not have quad ballast - just the two rear taks and center and the power wedge. We all surf regular. Thanks for the feedback!

I have a 12 but on the wake hull and with the front tank, I run all stock mls full except the none surf side + 750 in the locker, 370 tube sac under the seats and the wedge all the way down or a click or two up. If we only have 2-3 people in the boat sometimes i'll put another 400 on top of the seats. Without having the front ballast your going to want to put at least 400 up there as well.

Get the custom sack for the VTX from Wakemakers if you ride regular. And then like Scott says put a 400 about half filled on the surf side. The VTX does not like a lot of bow weight for surfing. 200-300 lbs of lead would work also. I had the custom in my VTX and it was money. It wieghs about 1500 lbs full and fills the rear compartment and all the port side storage under the seats. If you ride goofy, a 750 in the locker and a 400 on the cooler is great. The boat builds a better goofy wave due to prop rotation. Always fill your surf side tank and midship tank also. I usually like the wedge about 45 degrees, but changes depending on shape you are looking for.

With the CD hull you will be fine with just mid ship, surf side and a 750# in the rear with the wedge a few clicks up 10-11miles per hour. Wake will be tall but a little short. You could always move people to the surf side front if need be.(not sure why but I have had both hulls and the CD produces a taller shorter wave)